Search results

1. R

Fairlady at auction

Just checked their website and here is what they say: In line with the latest Government guidelines and advice, the auction will be completley virtual, and therefore we cannot offer a viewing day as we have done previously. However, we are increasing the video content of each of the cars...
  2. R

Fairlady at auction

And yet another! What’s going on!! Well - just had their catalogue through the post and no indication they are calling it off. Volvo running great thanks - went through its MOT last month with no advisories. 7200 miles since last year’s MOT.
  3. R

Fairlady at auction

And this one!
  4. R

Fairlady at auction

This is coming up at the CCA auction March 28.
  5. R

Turning Japanese - again!

Thanks for the info - all very useful. Mine has 205/45/16s on the front and 225/45/16s on the back. First thing I did was put four new tyres straight on. The back ones proved hardest to source and as I wanted the same all round went for Toyas in the end. I think mine is the Rev 4 model so a...
  6. R

The Volvo is garaged but this has to live on my drive. But I am laid back about it. I got it at an incredible price after buying it at a classic car auction.
  7. R

For those of you who still remember me when I was on here with my 260Z, you may be interested to know that whilst I have still got my lovely 1968 Volvo 1800S I have also ventured back into the Japanese sports car market. I have just purchased this little mid-engined beauty to use as my every...
  8. R

Oulton Park Gold Cup, August 24-26th

Good to see you again Tim and pleased to see you looking so well. I sleep easy every night knowing my precious 260Z is in such good hands.
  9. R

Oulton Park Gold Cup, August 24-26th

Chris - four cylinders is clearly enough. I mean - when did you EVER see anyone get away from Simon Templar?? Thanks to all for making me so welcome on the day and allowing a Swedish intruder onto your plot. Nice to see my old motor again too. It is in very good hands with Tim.
  10. R

What did you do to your Z this week?

I agree. That interior is not nice.
  11. R

Thanks very much. It feels very sixties when you drive it - but everything (heater, wipers etc) works beautifully. Not particularly fast off the mark (it’s a 1.8 four cylinder twin-carb) but it will bob along very comfortably at 70 in overdrive on the motorway and return 35 mpg so that does for...
  12. R

Thank you - though the Rover was a fast, powerful car that was extremely comfortable! The Volvo ticks all the classic car boxes for me - and (though you may laugh in disbelief) I intend to keep this one! I had to look long and hard to find one and there are very few around now. It is a 1968...
  13. R

Got a new motor!

Thanks Rob. I may drive down to see you in it one day. But will I let you drive it? I don’t think so! Last time I was down there you drove me round the back lanes near your house in that Samuri. The problem is, the GT86 does not have a brown interior…
  14. R

Got a new motor!

You’re dead right. Though coming out of the car park there on a rainy day I did try the sport mode that turns off all the traction control and as I hit the gas the back end did a very satisfying twitch! Almost spilt my groceries!
  15. R

Got a new motor!

Rear wheel drive too. And you can turn off all the traction/other computer stuff if you want to.
  16. R

Got a new motor!

Well, having parted with my 260Z a while ago, you may recall I bought a 1972 Rover 3500S. I have still got the Rover and drive it a lot, and I’m still into classic cars – but now I have retired I decided I also needed something modern on the driveway that I could use when the weather was bad or...
  17. R

Another Z for me

Good luck with the car Jake. Sure it will be fine if you have had it from Chris.
  18. R

Status invading the States

Ok. - you’re not the only ones. The first pic shows me playing in a rock band in 1977 aged 19 - I’m on the left with the white guitar. The other pic is when I played in a Beatles tribute band in the 90s. I don’t play any more.
  19. R

James May and 260Z

For those who may have missed it the first time round, the TV programme featuring my (former) 260Z being driven by James May and Damon Hill is being shown again tonight (Mon) at 8PM on the Dave channel.
  20. R

MOT exemption question

Having looked into this a little more it seems the situation is this: To be exempt, you have to register your car as a vehicle of historic interest. If you don't do this then your position is the same as it is now, free tax and compulsory MoT. If you do register it, have a voluntary MoT and it...