Search results

1. SacCyclone

1973 Fairlady Z - refurb and fix

Hi Richie, do you know how you could find out the shipping for such an item????? Does the proxy bidder assist with shipping or ship quotes??
  2. SacCyclone

Help with MSA / Zstore order - pay by wire transfer?

"your order is set to ship once the items are in our inventory".....sounds like they are missing some of the items from inventory?? As I have already agreed to, send me the money and I will place the order......I'm a frequent flyer at MSA.
  3. SacCyclone

280z Cranks but won't start

So i learned from my mechanic last year that the AFM has a breaker point type switch in it which activates the electric fuel pump.....a couple of taps on the AFM with the end of a screwdriver handle did the trick on more than one occasion with your car Ben. The other area is a box under the...
  4. SacCyclone

S30 Horn Date Codes

I guess we have the V=1972 down pretty good. Thanks, Jon
  5. SacCyclone

S30 Horn Date Codes

Also found that very early horns were painted a drab olive green and a change was made to black at some point.
  6. SacCyclone

S30 Horn Date Codes

So, today I opened some of the parts bins that I have for various years of S30 cars and located several S30 horns. I was able to locate the date codes stamped on the back of the horn body but am having a hard time figuring out what the date codes actually mean in years. Did a little research on...
  7. SacCyclone

280z project

I would not disregard the standard brakes on the 280z and run to the big name brake people out there. I have a 240 with triple carbs, head work, and exhaust with R888 sticky tires and I ran factory brakes components on the track with very good results....over 110MPH on the straight so it was no...
  8. SacCyclone

The crimes committed behind closed doors

Back in the day everything was fair game.....even "sunroofs"
  9. SacCyclone

Seat upholstery kits

Sent you a FB message re the BRE spoiler.
  10. SacCyclone

SOLD: 1976 Datsun 280Z Cali Sunbaked Runs Drives $11,500

Recent purchase of this 1976 280Z in Northern California that has been sitting since last year per the previous owner, it was running and driving when parked. This car has the original California blue and yellow plates which means that it has been in Cali since new. Per the previous owner...
  11. SacCyclone

What parts to import with a car?

Check out my "Cali Punt" thread that I started, good info on repairing that center console....totally easy and a bit of fun as well.
  12. SacCyclone

What parts to import with a car?

Looks like Andy at Auto Panel Solutions has 240 floors now.....maybe check to see if 280 floors are coming soon?
  13. SacCyclone

Runs bad since oil change

Still sounds like main jet sticking on one of the carbs....it will run better with the choke on......just double check. Check brake booster to see if it failed and is drawing air into the system.....just plug the vacuum hose to brake booster to confirm
  14. SacCyclone

Runs bad since oil change

At the bottom of each carb is the main jet which fattens up when the choke is pulled.....sometimes they will stick like the choke is still set, shouldn't on a newer carb but you never know. With the choke off, reach under each carb and push up on the main jet to make sure it has returned up...
  15. SacCyclone

Project lhd to rhd Lsx v8 Swap

Ideas on the suspension mods / brakes you will be using????? Great build BTW
  16. SacCyclone

Registering 240z import

All of the cars I have sent over to the UK, all of them have titles. I have had to apply for titles many times and every time the vehicle had to be inspected by police or qualified DMV person. Meaning the car has to be personally inspected while still in the US. Many times the US owner can...
  17. SacCyclone

10 x 15 Minilite wheels for sale

Love those wheels Graham, what a great price on them as well. If you were on this side of the pond they would be sold quickly. Good luck Mike
  18. SacCyclone

10k auto 280z on ebay

I agree with Dan about the costs..... In the states a decent 5 speed from a Z car or 240sx is about $500 on the cheap and even then I would have someone go through it......I have been there having to remove a new to me 5 speed that had a loud whine. All the parts for a change over to manual...
  19. SacCyclone

Coming SOON!!!

Yes, factory A/C car.
  20. SacCyclone

Early 1972 240Z with a Cali punt in 1992

After the center console was installed I found that the radio would turn on however I could not get any sound out of the speaker in the hatch. I removed the side marker light in the rear as I had to replace the bulb and I found that I could access the speaker wires from that spot.....bummer I...