interesting registration number plates

mgmidget

Forum User
Hi,

Recenly bought a near mint 260 2 seater 1978 reg ,did not care much for the" T" on the end of the plate !

So have gone a bought a cheap irish plate, reg FEZ 260 had the plate made up in black and silver looks really good much better than the yellow and black not sure if it's legal may get away:confused: with it as it's a irish.

Has any one a interesting or different plate to share with us?

Wyn

Club Member
Tut tut :D
Black plates on a post 73 car will see the ol bill taking an interest :unsure:
Still I've yet to transfer my Wyn...M plate onto my 78 car, but yes I guess mine will be in black aswell lol :cool:

Dale

Club Member
I have had black plates on mine for about a year now and not had any bother. *touches some wood*. I've even had a traffic car pass me, spin round, and then follow me for about a mile before going about his business. :eek:

I would recommend you carry a set of legal plates though. I reckon there's a better chance of being let off should you get pulled if you're able to change them immediately. :cool:

Mr Ex

Inactive
Tut tut :D
Black plates on a post 73 car will see the ol bill taking an interest :unsure:
Still I've yet to transfer my Wyn...M plate onto my 78 car, but yes I guess mine will be in black aswell lol :cool:

The old bill have other things on their minds & probably haven't a clue whether it's a 72 or a 78 so just keep yer nose clean.

Arkwright

Inactive
I used to have 999 KOP on my first 240Z. Kept the plate on various vehicles until I retired then sold it.

As Dalos says keep a 'legal' set in the car just in case. All the cop has to do is write you a fixed penalty ticket. A smile, an apology and a quick flick of a screwdriver could save you a few quid and bear in mind if he's a proper traffic cop he'll be more interested in your car than the ticket.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i have a USA plate on my car made up with my UK reg number in black and white looks mint!!!!

tali

Well-Known Forum User
I used to have 999 KOP on my first 240Z. Kept the plate on various vehicles until I retired then sold it.

As Dalos says keep a 'legal' set in the car just in case. All the cop has to do is write you a fixed penalty ticket. A smile, an apology and a quick flick of a screwdriver could save you a few quid and bear in mind if he's a proper traffic cop he'll be more interested in your car than the ticket.
999COP is owned by Paul Catmur on his Toyota Corolla Verso
COP999 was on a BMW M6 but is now on a 07 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Mr Ex

Inactive
I used to own a 260 2+2 WGF 260R the one in James Morris's Super Profile book in the mid 80's.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
regnumbers.jpg