New member with new 260

mgmidget

Forum User
Hello and good evening to you all.

My name is Steuart Crofts i live in Kent and two weeks ago i bought a 260swb in A1 condition from Duncan at the Z FARM,it's a one owner car on the V5 but has been owned buy a garage owner for the last 20 years who did not register it in his name nor did it get used over that time so the mileage of only 13k along with mot's going back to 1980 seem to support the very low mileage.

The first owner was a Melvyn Townsley from Wakefield the Garage owners name was Richard Kettlewell the garage traded as Victoria Motors also at Wakefield my cars reg is DWY 167T it's silver if any one knows these people or has any information about the car could you please contact me.

I haven't had time yet ,along with the weather being bad to get out and take some pictures but i will post some on the gallery soon.

I sold my Lancia Fulvia Zagato to help finance the 260 so now i've gone jap i'm just hoping i've made the right choice!

regards

Steuart

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi fella
Welcome to the club

Good of you to post up:bow:
Nice to hear about your car sounds great:thumbs:
Why not take up to the SEZK local group meet this Sunday 3rd Feb
Mike Feeney hosts these meets at the halfway house on the A127 at meet up from midday onwards
That's if you want a few drooling over your Z:)

zedboy

Club Member
You've definately made the right choice! But maybe I'm bias!

Once you've had JAP you never go back!

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there,

I went to look at that car about six years ago, in Yorkshire, when it was for sale by the garage owner, who kept it at his house. I am pretty sure the car is 306 silver, but it should say on the radiator support panel. At that point it had around 10,000 miles from new! I did have some photos on my old PC, but when that crashed nothing was recoverable, unfortunately. Not a great deal of new information there, but I guess my visit back in 2002 would support the mileage of 13k now.

I suspect you haven't driven the car much yet, because if you had, you would know you had made the right choice!

Russ

Club Member
Sounds very nice, roll on better weather and photos. Definitely drag yourself to the meet as it's makes the club much more fun when you go to things and meet up as well as hanging around on here :)

Nidge74

New Forum User
Hi Steuart

Hope you are settling in well and enjoying the website.

You know where I am if you have any more questions, or you can post on the forum where many people will be happy to help.

Welcome

Neil

mgmidget

Forum User
Hi,

Good to have a early response from you guys,A2Z you say you think the silver is 306 is that a datsun standard colour ? or could the car have been resprayed a non standard silver.

Ref the drive factor your right i'm eager to get out on the B roads the drive back from YORK Z FARM was all motorway and in the wet and dark.

I will try to get over to Essex on Sunday many questions to ask ,if any of you are going and have any books on the Zcars and want to sell them please let me know.

Steuart

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there,

Yes, 306 silver is a standard Z colour. I know the car had had some bodywork carried out to it by the garage owner, so had to have been resprayed around six years, or so, ago. That's not to say, of course, that it hasn't had further works subsequently undertaken.

mgmidget

Forum User
Hi

A2Z what is your name please ?

your right about having had some work done the near side door has had a skin on and the car had a complete respray still looking very good.

One area of concern the front chassis rails may need a small amount of attention as i can see rust coming through from under the underseal nothing to major i hope, having had Lancias and mg's and various other cars over the last 30 years they all suffer with the tin warm as you may know.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:S30: welcome to the club, enjoy the site and your new Z.
would be good if you can get some pics up

martin

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Steuart,

My real name is Jeremy. A2Z is the condition of my car - A2 condition Z! I'll have to change that when the car gets restored, but that is not on the cards for a while. From you location, it looks as if you live fairly close to me, being in Maidstone and me near Tonbridge. My car is on SORN at the moment, owing to the brake pipes looking particularly bad and the fact I need carburettor bits to get it through the emissions part of the MOT.

I would presume that most cars around 30 years old would have had bodywork undertaken to them at some stage, but as long as it has been carried out correctly, that would not be a concern.

Anyway, I won't unfortunately see you at the Halfway House on Sunday as my daily driver blew its headgasket today, so just waiting for a courtesy car for work on Monday AM! I hope to catch up with you at some stage, though, at one of the future meetings!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I would presume that most cars around 30 years old would have had bodywork undertaken to them at some stage, but as long as it has been carried out correctly, that would not be a concern.
All European cars !

R

rat

Welcome to the club, you have made gret decision buying the 260z. you will love driving it !!