Who's coming to the Pod this Sunday?

mgh297

Well-Known Forum User
As above,

Who's coming along. I am going to try and make it. I am a pod virgin and a little nervous but I'm also looking forward to meeting some of you guys/girls.

So who's in?

Mike...

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Well I have sold ALL my cars that are working!:rolleyes:
So I wont be there.
im off to the National Restoration Show to buy some stuff for my new project car or else I would have come down and given some " newbie lessons";)

datsun dave

Club Member
pmac said:
Well I have sold ALL my cars that are working!:rolleyes:
So I wont be there.
im off to the National Restoration Show to buy some stuff for my new project car or else I would have come down and given some " newbie lessons";)

So where is this ????

mgh297

Well-Known Forum User
mgh297 - in a Z32 TT
bantambunny - in a Z32 TT
Skiddell - in a golf
Zedhead 260 + Jon - in a helicopter
Mick Brown - in a 240Z
Neil300Zx - in a sapphire

So is this the definitive list of who is coming?

If this carries on for the 6 "real" drag days then my only competition is bantambunny. :conf2: where's Chunk and the other Z32 TTs?:conf2:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
If this carries on for the 6 "real" drag days
Nah dont worry folks will get their fingers out

then my only competition is bantambunny.

If Mr "maybe I will turn up maybe I wont" Brown had have showed up for the entire season and delivered the reaction times he did in rounds 1 and 2 then none of us would have had a look in..... he was on fire (not literally)

Dont forget its about attendance, number of entrants in the group and consistantly good reaction times....ETs and terminals dont have any impact on the points awarded..they belong in the hall of fame

mgh297

Well-Known Forum User
SKiddell said:
Nah dont worry folks will get their fingers out

Dont forget its about attendance, number of entrants in the group and consistantly good reaction times....ETs and terminals dont have any impact on the points awarded..they belong in the hall of fame
That's good to know, I could do very well just by turning up to the 6 events.

I know I still need to become a paid up member on here to enter (which I will be doing shortly), but what are the prizes likely to be this year?
do we get cash? or trophies? or a wet kiss from PMAC? :eek:

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
I should be there all being well but need to be back in Shropshire for a family meal at 5.30.

Z not yet built, will be ragging the sh1t out of a BMW 535d M-Sport

Mr F ............... how the hell do I get off the line quickly with an auto ? Better fully auto or using tiptronic and doing it manually ? It is a big lardy 1.8 tonne diesel that needs all the help it can get.

Thanks for the thread MGH297 - I had missed the fact that this was on ...........

Mr.F

Inactive
I'll be there - probably 200ZR. Matt will be along in a borrowed fuel tanker - Morrisson's Super Duper Octane stuff available locally and he needs to stock up.

Auto launch - two footed approach: hold on brake with left and build rpm against the torque convertor with the right. Try not to make the rear wheels turn when static - the startline marshalls will rap you with the big stick. Sidestep the brake and mash the loud pedal somewhere between the amber and the green and pray you don't red light. Having always done this at the Pod I now drive all autos with both feet on the road - something clicks in my brain and I start left foot braking without even thinking about it...

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility on the effects of excess heat generation in your auto box as a result of the over-enthusiastic use of building rpm against a torque convertor. Smoking may damage its health...

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
As previously indicated by my good friend Mr Hughes I do indeed intend to be at the Pod in my 240 this Sunday.

Outlook is good and I'm not to bothered about silly little head wind as I'm not driving a brick. Probably wont pull any Pb's but what the heck its all about having fun.

As for the crude snipe there Mr Kiddell I will treat it with the obvious jovality it deserves. :D :D

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
I might have made a crude (but pertinant) snipe regarding your inability to get out of bed on a Sunday:D :D

but

It was followed up by a well meant and deserved compliment on your track skills

Skiddell said:
then none of us would have had a look in..... he was on fire

By round two you had it in the bag.....what happened, where did you go.