Washer Pump 280zx

iandecjak

Club Member
Hi
It seems my washer pump for the front screen has decided to give up the ghost. Does anyone know if they are still available to buy or is it a case of looking to ebay/USA for a second hand replacement. It does have a mounting clip and connector block so a universal one would need to be fitted somewhere and cut into loom however, I would like to keep it original, the rear washer pump is working so rewiring that one for the front screen is also a last resort. Any help gratefully recieved.

iandecjak

Club Member
By way of update...........
I checked operation off the car with a battery, still dead.
After looking at the washer pump on the bench it looked like it was possible to strip it down and as I had nothing to lose I made a start.
It is held together with four bent over tabs which retain the plastic end cap to the housing assy. They are a little difficult to bend back but with a flat screwdriver of the right size you can use the lands in the plastic end cap to prise them away far enough to get something under to then prise up.
The plastic end cover then came off revealing a blue bladed fan, then I pulled the armature out of the ally/plastic housing.
The pickups stay within the plastic housing and after taking the ally housing off I gave it all a good clean as it was slightly corroded.
The armature was cleaned up as were the pickups.
Assembly was reverse of above using a small peen hammer to gently tap over the tabs (check orientation before doing this as you need the outlet in the right position when back on the car).
I checked operation with a battery and the little motor spun up fine however on the car connected to the loom, it was intermittant..........this was fixed with a clean up of the connector spades.
I changed out all the washer hoses and everything is now working as it should,: always a good way to end the day :)