What did you do to your Z this week?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
What alternator did you get in the end?
Exactly the same one by a more trusted company, still got the box at home. Was £165, it's a 70amp model and fits the existing mounts.

Only issue is to get the connector that fits with the alternator. Oh and I suppose whilst on subject, it's internally regulated. So needs the external regulator diverted.

Fosworth

Well-Known Forum User
I took the car to a local American car show today and bumped into @Fosworth who was there with his stunning Lotus Cortina.

View attachment 58149

View attachment 58150
Just came across this post. Thanks for pic and comment. Really nice show with a very unusual collection of cars. First time I have seen your 240 and I am so impressed at how straight the bodyshell is. Me being me I would want to paint it but doing that would probably spoil the very unusual look of the car.

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
A niggle I have been wanting to sort for a while is my carbs/air trumpets have a step, which is due to me wanting to use the 50mm Mikuni Solex air trumpets, as they are a little too large when mated to the 48mm carbs. Its only about 1-1.5mm, but having as little turbulence in the carb throat as possible aids the running/power etc. Pointless having well researched air trumpets designed for good flow, just for it to stumble later down the carb.

I showed this a little while ago, the air trumpet on the lathe. It needs opening up to take the correct external dia pipe.

The other two is the choke being turned, and the last is the choke fixed into the air trumpet. The choke sits proud on the carb side, but its to be machined down (why you see the rough edge)

The air trumpet choke now is the same dia as the carb choke, so no step now.

Attachments

• solex air trumpet lathe.jpg
    solex air trumpet lathe.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 25
  • solex air trumpet choke.jpg
    solex air trumpet choke.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 25
  • solex air trumpet choke1.jpg
    solex air trumpet choke1.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 25

Mr.G

Club Member
Looks great. You may need to install the brackets the other way around to get the tribar to fit.

richiep

Club Member
Spent a very warm, sunny day at Tatton Park show today with the RA25 Celica. Wasn’t a Z-free day though as I met a local owner called Robert with a superb 240Z. Apparently restored in Hungary, it’s a beautiful thing. He might pop in here to say hi after I evangelised the forum and reassured him we aren’t all purist snobs! :)
IMG_6144.jpeg

IMG_6145.jpeg
IMG_6172.jpeg
Found assorted other classic Japanese toys:
Minty A60 Celica:
IMG_6176.jpeg
IMG_6178.jpeg
Minty RX-7:
IMG_6164.jpeg
IMG_6166.jpeg
IMG_6167.jpeg
R33:
IMG_6175.jpeg
More follows…

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpeg
    IMG_6164.jpeg
    731.9 KB · Views: 5

Robert

Club Member
Spent a very warm, sunny day at Tatton Park show today with the RA25 Celica. Wasn’t a Z-free day though as I met a local owner called Robert with a superb 240Z. Apparently restored in Hungary, it’s a beautiful thing. He might pop in here to say hi after I evangelised the forum and reassured him we aren’t all purist snobs! :)
View attachment 58383

View attachment 58384
View attachment 58385
Found assorted other classic Japanese toys:
Minty A60 Celica:
View attachment 58386
View attachment 58387
Minty RX-7:
View attachment 58390
View attachment 58389
View attachment 58391
R33:
View attachment 58392
More follows…
It was great to meet you Richard and thanks for your positive comments on our 240. I was really taken by your Celica.