Here we go again...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So I got some motivation finally... been holding off on it for a while as I was dreading cutting the vinyl and messing it up but it's easier than I remember. Managed to get the passenger side and front piece done.

Also got an uncracked dash from a member on here at great expense and hoping it doesnt crack anytime soon...

View attachment 54328
Hi Dan, did the dash come with a RHD loom?

uk66fastback

Club Member
The shut line on that door Dan … too good bud!

And that colour - wow.

Are those bulldog clips thingies holding the stuck vinyl? I remember doing the headlining on my fastback with those - going back round it again and again, stretching, pulling, cajoling, teasing that last fraction out of the vinyl so it dried nice and taut. Must find a pic …

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
The shut line on that door Dan … too good bud!

And that colour - wow.

Are those bulldog clips thingies holding the stuck vinyl? I remember doing the headlining on my fastback with those - going back round it again and again, stretching, pulling, cajoling, teasing that last fraction out of the vinyl so it dried nice and taut. Must find a pic …

Thanks!
Yes they are mate, though a little weaker than the ones I had for my last build but they do the job. The 3M adhesive I bought to works much better than the rubbish that comes with the kit.

Will get the other side done Friday/Saturday and look at stripping down the dash and contemplating what to do for wiring. Not sure if I should just stick with original and clean up terminals for quickness or completely rewire the car on modern relays/fuses.

Dan

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Screen in finally - bit of delamination in places which was a bit disappointing. Cant remember which member sold it me on here but maybe it wasn't like that when I purchased it. Its been say in the box for probably 2 years?!
PreScreen.jpg

During.jpg

Cant recommend Jamie enough for fitting it - he literally made it look SO easy to fit the chrome trim and screen. Absolutely great guy, I very rarely promote people on here but honestly. If you need a screen fitting and your midlands ish based he IS the man.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Got the bumpers fitted the other day too. Little disappointed as the rear bumper had a dent where the welding had been done on the rear and it was significant enough to draw your eye to it…

I thought that the seller (bumperautomobile) would sort without quibble but they were set that it is a manufacturing fault but acceptable. None of the other bumpers in the group had the same issue nor have I had issues before. Unfortunately ive had to pay £120 extra shipping to get a new Centre section … hopefully it’ll come in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 0019C68F-51F6-482E-8C19-8C3A11143028.jpeg
    0019C68F-51F6-482E-8C19-8C3A11143028.jpeg
    446.8 KB · Views: 51

toopy

Club Member
Got the bumpers fitted the other day too. Little disappointed as the rear bumper had a dent where the welding had been done on the rear and it was significant enough to draw your eye to it…

I thought that the seller (bumperautomobile) would sort without quibble but they were set that it is a manufacturing fault but acceptable. None of the other bumpers in the group had the same issue nor have I had issues before. Unfortunately ive had to pay £120 extra shipping to get a new Centre section … hopefully it’ll come in a couple weeks.
Clever use of the under stairs door storage! ;)

richiep

Club Member
Excellent work on the sound deadening; ironically, I finally stumbled across the paper templates I made yesterday - rolled up under a layer of dust in my garage rafters!

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Excellent work on the sound deadening; ironically, I finally stumbled across the paper templates I made yesterday - rolled up under a layer of dust in my garage rafters!
Cheers Richie, was relatively straight forward with some original pictures I just took a guess.

Managed to get some more done today… I’d fitted the dash with a later loom .. doh. So out came the dash and swapped it out for the other loom which looks almost new and unused. Fitted all new bulbs ready too just to be sure…

Stripped the seats down for paint. Fitted the interior wiring harness and made some repairs ready and finished the interior vinyl. Such a pitta to fit the turret ones, I remember them being poorly made to measure before but this set were just diabolical. Fitted them best I could anyhow…

Anyone got and rear light harnesses or know how they attach the main loom? The connectors I have on my lights are different so assume there must be some kind of adapter harness between tho I don’t remember this in the past?

Healey 12

Club Member
Bit more today, finished the underlay. Centre vinyl in, seat frames made for the recaros will try to find somewhere to paint them.

View attachment 58132View attachment 58131View attachment 58130

Seats aren’t to everyone’s taste but they are one of my all time favourites and intend to do them in a similar style to the attached picture. View attachment 58133
That looks quality work , Where did you get the diamond pattern transmission cover from and do they do the inner sills to carpet cover as well ?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
That looks quality work , Where did you get the diamond pattern transmission cover from and do they do the inner sills to carpet cover as well ?
Its a kit from the likes of Zcardepot etc (I bought this one of fa member awhile back). I wouldnt recommend it to anyone, the fitment of it is quite poor and the pre cut parts are often cut in the incorrect place. The rear turrets are the worst... The hole cut for the centre of the strut top was 25/30mm in a different position from one side to the other!

Healey 12

Club Member
Its a kit from the likes of Zcardepot etc (I bought this one of fa member awhile back). I wouldnt recommend it to anyone, the fitment of it is quite poor and the pre cut parts are often cut in the incorrect place. The rear turrets are the worst... The hole cut for the centre of the strut top was 25/30mm in a different position from one side to the other!
ok thanks . I have a set of rear turrets and arches from Romas , just need the other bits now . anyone one bought from this company? https://www.facebook.com/datsun.tatum