GTR For sale....

richiep

Club Member
Expecting/wants too much within the context of the UK market basically. If you buy a C10 Skyline (GT-R lookalike or the real thing) you better be planning to keep it as the audience who understand the car and have the money to buy one is vanishingly tiny. Or be prepared to take a haircut over what you think it is worth.

Thing is, if I was looking at the 80-120k price range, then yes, that car is already here, but I'd still be reviewing what's available in Japan as there is plenty of choice from dealers and it may well be possible to get a better car (assuming one uses someone on the ground to vet the cars).

There's still a vast level of ignorance around Datsun Zs (not even bring JDM Fairlady Zs into it!); a C10 Skyline may as well be from another galaxy!

richiep

Club Member
Just as a example, Flex Auto Review in Kawaguchi have got two KGC10 Skyline GTXs in GT-R replica drag in stock at the mo, one with an L28, one an L20, priced either side of £55k (the L28 one being the higher priced). Obviously, shipping and duties etc., on top, but one of those or similar would be significantly less than 100k, and having looked closely at the pics of the Manchester car and its flaws, I doubt it would be any better than either of those.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
It always has the chance that it was being bid up and no serious bidders were prepared to pay anywhere near the amount it was up too.

Just as a example, Flex Auto Review in Kawaguchi have got two KGC10 Skyline GTXs in GT-R replica drag in stock at the mo, one with an L28, one an L20, priced either side of £55k (the L28 one being the higher priced). Obviously, shipping and duties etc., on top, but one of those or similar would be significantly less than 100k, and having looked closely at the pics of the Manchester car and its flaws, I doubt it would be any better than either of those.

want to go 50/50, we'll get it over then get it on collecting cars.

AD240Z

Club Member

Why would you do that to us ................. 😭

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It appears most of the world has forgotten all about the 4cyl Skylines, those without the letters GT-R associated.......

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You must get as bored as I do reading that from you as you do of writing it - it never takes you long to notice !

I've never left, just being discreet as requested by The A Team.