SOLD: Very Rare Rally Clock Early 2 Knob w/ Oscillator

SacCyclone

Club Member
Time has come for me to let this early Rally Clock go to a new owner.
I have owned this clock for many years and I have come to the conclusion that I will never get around to using it.
Purchased from a mate who removed it from a car about 20 years ago.
This clock has not been tested since it was pulled from a non running Zed so I don't know if it is functional although it is complete.
Very rare to see these come up for sale.
The only one I could find sold on U.S. E-bay this year for $1850 and it had been restored.
Checked online here in the states and found that Ron at ZClocks.com has restored many of these and charges about $525 for this particular early 2 knob.

Asking $1250 includes shipping to the UK.

I can arrange for Ron at ZClocks to restore this for you provided you pay for the restoration costs.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

IMG_5493.jpeg
IMG_5485.jpeg
IMG_5488.jpeg
IMG_5487.jpeg
IMG_5484.jpeg
IMG_5483.jpeg
IMG_5488.jpeg
IMG_5486.jpeg

candy red

Club Member
That looks interesting never seen 1 of these before I’m sure Alan will shed some light on these and why so rare why 2 knobs although it does look a bit worn where you’ve took it out the box stroked it and put it away again for the last 20 years 😉

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Well that previous thread explains everything 👍

In my opinion (at least...) it goes some way to explaining the 'not seen here' type of thinking that has been a parallel fellow traveller with these cars since they were built.

Bizarre to think that something so intrinsically linked to the concept, design and fabric of these cars remains so unrecognised, misunderstood and - yes - even dissed by the very people you might normally expect to appreciate them.

It reminds me of the apes discovering the monolith in 2001, A Space Odyssey. They threw bones at it...

Farmer42

Club Member
I have a Citizen calendar clock in mine which I understand is also quite rare outside of Japan. Just wish I could get the bloody thing working!!:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Huw

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
I have a Citizen calendar clock in mine which I understand is also quite rare outside of Japan. Just wish I could get the bloody thing working!!:mad:
I have a calendar clock in my s30, which I had refurbished by Ron at Zclocks, (as well as another calendar and rally clock for refurb). The calendar clock is a much more appealing in the dash in my opinion than the "stock" one.
Bizarre to think that something so intrinsically linked to the concept, design and fabric of these cars remains so unrecognised, misunderstood and - yes - even dissed by the very people you might normally expect to appreciate them
I agree, most of what was standard or option for the Japanese market isn't appreciated outside of Japan, or its viewed as gold dust.