Donington Historic Festival 2023 - 29/30 April

Pondo

Club Member
I’m sure 2018 was pretty hot…….Rob do you think that I could collect the crank that you’ve kindly been holding for me off Chappers on the Saturday?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I’m sure 2018 was pretty hot…….Rob do you think that I could collect the crank that you’ve kindly been holding for me off Chappers on the Saturday?
Yes we have had very hot days I've had to use a cap to stop the sun burning my bald head.

Yes, I'll bring the crank - not sure which day so you'd be wise booking both (ha ha).

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
How dare you post stuff like this? ;)
Yeah, come on Rich!
Don't scupper Rob's attempt at trying to get the troops together ;) selling a fine vision of girls walking round in bikinis, sunloungers and the whiff of Ambre Solaire in the air.

Actually I do remember it was nice one year now, it would have been 2018, year of that photo (which I just noticed I am on EXTRA:D). That was the year that on the way there (on that quiet private road/track) ;) I maxxed out around 120ish in the ZX Turbo, you slowly edged past me and Dave must have been doing close to 150 in his Turbo Nutter bastard 600bhp 240Z as he blitzed off after a Porsche.

Last edited:

richiep

Club Member
Yeah, come on Rich!
Don't scupper Rob's attempt at trying to get the troops together ;) selling a fine vision of girls walking round in bikinis, sunloungers and the whiff of Ambre Solaire in the air.

Actually I do remember it was nice one year now, it would have been 2018, year of that photo (which I just noticed I am on EXTRA:D). That was the year that on the way there (on that quiet private road/track) ;) I maxxed out around 120ish in the ZX Turbo, you slowly edged past me and Dave must have been doing close to 150 in his Turbo Nutter bastard 600bhp 240Z as he blitzed off after a Porsche.
That was a good run! You looked very comfortable cruising at 120 as I went by (I chickened out around 130-135). Dave was well ahead for a couple of mins!

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
That was a good run! You looked very comfortable cruising at 120 as I went by (I chickened out around 130-135). Dave was well ahead for a couple of mins!
The speedo and needle stops at 80mph on the ZX Turbo - unbelievable but true, good old Yankee conservatism for you!
I was only guessing at 120 based on how bent the needle was EXTRA:D

Reactions: Huw

johnymd

Club Member
I seem to remember getting sun burnt on several occasions......I will admit to having a bad memory though :)

I do remember driving at 160mph (on a gps speedo) in my blue car. I even recorded the event on my hand held gopro.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
John, are you booked in for Donington?
This car was so quick!

Last edited:

Farmer42

Club Member
I've never done more than 70 on the way to donington, officer.
With all the poxy speed cameras and 50mph zones its very difficult to do more than 70mph on the way to Donny!! Plod doesn't get you, its the anonymous big brother in the control centre:dupe::smash::EXTRAmad:

Jay.

Club Member
2018 was awfully hot, having no AC and the ability to fume myself out if I opened the window meant the drive home was one of the worst driving experiences of my life.

I haven't got tickets for this yet, but it appears I might be able to go - I believe the cut-off is 16th of Apr to make a decision?