New owner finally- 4 year lurker.. 240z

Lovinit

Club Member
Hey all,

can’t believe I’m finally able to say I’m a datsun 240z owner!! For many many years I’ve been looking for a project z! But for what ever reason I’ve just never managed to pick one up!

Love the z, the shape, the history behind it and it’s an itch I’ve wanted to scratch for a long long time!

I toyed with the idea of buying a completely restored car and saving myself a lot of bother, but I didn’t really want a garage queen, I wanted something that could be used as intended!

I’ve also recently updated the workshop where all the cars are.. and wanted a project to call my own! Having restored a few VW’s and a couple of other JDM cars. I wanted to make the datsun my own..

I picked this up from the Netherlands only last week, from
A huge warehouse of cars close to Rotterdam!
it’s certainly tick all box for project! It’s currently a non runner.. but it’s a foot into the dream for me. Got plenty of ideas for it, and hopefully a lot of patience!!

Attachments

• 1FEE7725-4786-4F13-9B69-65FBD56A6E8A.jpeg
    1FEE7725-4786-4F13-9B69-65FBD56A6E8A.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 74F8A7FC-06A4-431E-9F67-E8489DEC0DE8.jpeg
    74F8A7FC-06A4-431E-9F67-E8489DEC0DE8.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 59

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Welcome. Have you got it home with you already? What are your ideas for it?

Rushingphil

Club Member
Congrats on your new purchase!

I / we are all hoping you will start a project thread on your plans and restoration - and join the club of course :)

Lovinit

Club Member
Congrats on your new purchase!

I / we are all hoping you will start a project thread on your plans and restoration - and join the club of course :)
Thank you. Yeah I may start a project thread on it!

Ideally I want to get it running and moving for the next few warmer months! Least I can say I’ve driven about in it, before taking it off the road for a good while, whilst working on it!

Long term I want the car to be solid, and restore it!l to its former glory! I want to make it drivable though and to be enjoyed!

Thinking of modernising certain aspects of it too, to make it a bit more reliable! It’s not an original car. It’s been messed with and fettled with, which means I'm not wedded to keeping it so! I love the car and everything about it. So I want to pay it the respect it deserves! 😁

The wiring for instance looks like it’s had various attempts at installing aftermarket bits and pieces, so that’ll all need ripping out and replacing!

Wanna pul the whole shell apart and make it solid and clean!

Lots to do, lots of enthusiasm too!

Jay.

Club Member
Welcome to ownership! Looking forward to a project thread.

Lots to consider going down that route, especially with pulling the shell apart. I'd definitely recommend putting a "plan of action" together and then seeing what the memebers here can suggest, many people have gone down that avenue

Lovinit

Club Member
Yeah always worried with a project that you stagnate.. def have spent a bit of time going through threads.

Will put a plan together for sure… im
Not even giving myself a time line for it! For me it’s a dream car and it takes as long as it takes! Just need to start gathering bits ready for it! Excited is an understatement!!

candy red

Club Member
Yeah always worried with a project that you stagnate.. def have spent a bit of time going through threads.

Will put a plan together for sure… im
Not even giving myself a time line for it! For me it’s a dream car and it takes as long as it takes! Just need to start gathering bits ready for it! Excited is an understatement!!
Congratulations on your purchase of you new toy / project be careful if you decide to pull the shell apart you may not like what you find but hopefully it’s not to bad looks pretty decent but we all love pictures so post up as many as you like and we can all give you advice on how to proceed 🤓

Lovinit

Club Member
Congratulations on your purchase of you new toy / project be careful if you decide to pull the shell apart you may not like what you find but hopefully it’s not to bad looks pretty decent but we all love pictures so post up as many as you like and we can all give you advice on how to proceed 🤓
Yeah pulling the shell apart is def a big ole project, but I’m kinda seeing that as part of it! I’ve been down that road with vw’s and a couple of jdm cars before, had an itch to scratch so will give it a go!

I’m very aware the car was cheap.. so I’m expecting a lot of effort to be needed.. you get what you pay for! I think I’d rather expect it to be bad than have bought a decent condition one for a fair bit more and then it be terrible!! Does that even make sense lol?!?

Anyway fun begins now I guess