Tuning

Aerialmark

Club Member
Im interested in getting my 370 tuned but im at a loss on where to go. I don't want anything to aggressive or that will keep bringing engine warning lights on.
I know of 2 such places but they are quite a long way from me down south so I was wondering if there is anything anybody could recommend nearer to where I live in Burnley ? Thankyou.

Dale

Club Member
You could try looking at Falcon Performance in Middlesbrough. I used them for a standard service when I had a 350z and chose them through reviews and recommendations I’d seen on the 350z forum.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Can you get much more out of the engine with just 'tuning'? Or are you contemplating hardware changes too, like cams?

Aerialmark

Club Member
The car has a few mods on it but only the basic ones like a bigger exhaust, hi flow cats and cold air intakes. The couple of firms Ive seen down south can do a tune that adds about 25bhp and 20 torques. This would be adequate but most of all I want to get rid of the sluggishness low down which automatic 370,s seem to have. I know these firms down south can do it as Ive seen a few you tube videos but I was just seeing if anybody knew of a firm up North that was reliable and could do the same job. If all else fails its a day ( and maybe night ) out to get it done.

Aerialmark

Club Member
Thanks for that. They are actually one of the 2 firms I saw on YouTube that tune 370,s. They get great reviews. Maybe it’s worth a day out down south after all. Thanks again 👍

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I had my 350Z slightly remapped by them to free-up more power in the lower gears. The standard set-up limits the power for safety and smoothness.
I never really thought my 370Z was lacking. What I tried a couple of times was starting off 'hard' with the traction control off - it was unable to take it and juddered violently.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Was it not sluggish low down ?
Well, I think I know what you mean. For a 325bhp normally aspirated engine you'd expect throttle response to be super sharp but this is a daily driver and for me I was shopping etc in it (drove it 80k miles) so it was fine. If I wanted a quick getaway or overtake I'd use the 'paddles' to drop two gears and go for it.

Abbey Motorsport would be able to remap for your requirements I'm sure.

Perhaps the mapping for an auto is different to a manual? I found the hesitation from throttle to 'go' was a bit slow, so I'd press further and then suddenly I'd get too much power and the wife blamed me for not being smooth!

Aerialmark

Club Member
Well, I think I know what you mean. For a 325bhp normally aspirated engine you'd expect throttle response to be super sharp but this is a daily driver and for me I was shopping etc in it (drove it 80k miles) so it was fine. If I wanted a quick getaway or overtake I'd use the 'paddles' to drop two gears and go for it.

Abbey Motorsport would be able to remap for your requirements I'm sure.

Perhaps the mapping for an auto is different to a manual? I found the hesitation from throttle to 'go' was a bit slow, so I'd press further and then suddenly I'd get too much power and the wife blamed me for not being smooth!
Yes exactly Rob, I expected a better take off given the power but when I put the pedal down there’s not much happening. If I use the paddles and put it over to sport or manual mode the powder is instant. I will give Abbey a call and ask if the mapping would be different for an auto and book it in with them. Thanks again for your insight and help.

Paul_S

Club Member
I think it's all been said. Those bhp gains are what you'd expect, and a nice amount of extra torque.

The auto 'box can be mapped too.

Abbey are good, Horsham Developments too (but South).