Interesting Z Rebuild - Former owner car

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD240Z

Club Member
Buyer beware and all that, and I have little sympathy for the buyer in this case. BUT I am pretty horrified and extremely disappointed IF it was a member of this club/forum that mislead the buyer into a sale of those two cars in that condition.

There are enough shite sticks out there willing to rip you off selling crap. I personally expect better of fellow Z enthusiasts than that. It does bugger all for the cars and bugger all for this club.

If it is a known club member that sold them. I would expect the club to at least look into this and suggest politely that the ’member’ in question peddle their ‘wares’ more responsibly. Makes us look bad.

Very disgruntled and extremely disappointed of Bristol. 🤬

I think there is only one relevant car - and again ( and i dont know and arent defending anyone) but there is nothing that i have seen to say anyone has been mislead here - is there?

Quite the opposite .
He says he was " on this car for a couple of months ". WTF he was doing for two months ( his hair perhaps) i dont know !!

Neither the seller nor the club in that case should have any responsibility for the buyers stupidity ( or to be polite - lack of research) .

I also dont see what it has to do with the club if it wasnt sold through it - or am i missing something ?

Harllequin

Club Member
I've just watched the video. Chelle and I often talk to our friends about our cars, as you do.
The thing that always gets said, without fail, is that our friends would never entertain getting a classic as they just could not do the work on it them selves.

That shell looks a lot better than some of the old Panda and Mini purchases I've made over the years. I'd hate to think what the cost would have been if I needed other to do the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is only one relevant car - and again ( and i dont know and arent defending anyone) but there is nothing that i have seen to say anyone has been mislead here - is there?

Quite the opposite .
He says he was " on this car for a couple of months ". WTF he was doing for two months ( his hair perhaps) i dont know !!

Neither the seller nor the club in that case should have any responsibility for the buyers stupidity ( or to be polite - lack of research) .

I also dont see what it has to do with the club if it wasnt sold through it - or am i missing something ?

it actually takes a bit of work to follow the threads back to see what it was due to the sale/not for sale/parts needed/for sale cycles its had.

I *think* what Huw might be talking about is how it might have come across due to the fact in the vid the seller was refered to as a self proclaimed 'z expert', along with likely association by proxy to the club.

AD240Z

Club Member
it actually takes a bit of work to follow the threads back to see what it was due to the sale/not for sale/parts needed/for sale cycles its had.

I *think* what Huw might be talking about is how it might have come across due to the fact in the vid the seller was refered to as a self proclaimed 'z expert', along with likely association by proxy to the club.

Regardless of what you think Huw meant - what he said was 'IF it was a member of this club/forum that mislead the buyer into a sale of those two cars in that condition.'

1676234004154.png

All a bit ironic when Huw commented on the original Daisy thread - this car was an 'Excellent buy'. I wonder if the buyer read that comment in his buying decision - right there from a club member ?

Clubs are as much ( if not more ) about its members as it about the cars . The seller is a member and stating that a member has mislead someone over two cars - is casting aspersions when they clearly arent in possession of the facts ( 2 cars?) .

Equally - there is nothing anywhere to link the club to this sale that i can see. Likely association by proxy is just nonsense .

If the buyer has come on here and asked for advice - im sure he would have got an honest opinion .

candy red

Club Member
Derrick, to clarify - in my mind the term 'rose-tinted specs' means that you see things that hint at problems but you tell yourself that the problems are smaller than they really are because you want to buy the car. If you had no interest in the car and were advising someone else about a purchase you'd probably make more of it as a problem.
Yes Rob fully aware of the meaning of rose tinted glasses ,as for seeing a potential problem and making it a smaller problem in my mind because I really wanted to buy the and the rose tinted glasses took over my brain ,so I brought it 😂as I see it a big problem for one person (Rob )isn’t necessarily a big problem for another (Derrick ) not made up names 😉if I was advising someone else about a car that I wasn’t interested in , I would point out the work that needed doing and tell them there will probably be a lot more than you can see .so I would ask them how much they are capable of doing themselves and then it would be up to them,as I said before Rob I could have payed 5 times more for a great looking car and then found out it’s no better than what I have.But when I do finish this car I will know exactly what I have and so will everyone else as I’m sharing all that I’m doing in detail

Healey 12

Club Member
Looking at the car prior to this
Why didn't he just buy a better car to start ? A RHD UK car would of 'probably' of been less rusty to start and worth more when done ?

or just maybe he's doing it all on purpose for 'likes' and 'content' on his YouTube channel.

If he brought a decent car it would only be a couple of episodes............................
Having looked at the pictures ( even the poor ones ) I think most people would have recognized the car for what it was .

. Automman might have the answer in his early statement

AD240Z

Club Member
Looking at the car prior to this

Having looked at the pictures ( even the poor ones ) I think most people would have recognized the car for what it was .

. Automman might have the answer in his early statement
And the seller has liked Atommans comment 😂

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Editing and locking this thread as it's turning into a bit of a witch-hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.