Interesting Z Rebuild - Former owner car

Status
Not open for further replies.

toopy

Club Member
Sorry we absolutely wouldn’t. Was always under the impression that he was from a professional outfit. I’m a hobbyist, and what I do to my cars is clear cut. However, I make it clear if I sell anything that it is a hobbyist that has undertaken the work.
His profession is in bodywork i believe, for a professional outfit. The work on his cars is man in a shed/hobbyist like most of us.

without even watching the vido, it sounds like the fella has swallowed the gas monkey playbook.
buy a car, knock it down publicly , lash it up quietly, flip it at sema and hope to make money on the advertising.
"Hey guys welcome back to the channel 🤮"

I guess he might have thought the car was 80% ‘welding done’ from the advert. However it only takes anyone with working eyeballs to see it wasn’t.

I’m sure he could sell the car as it is, he won’t get his money back but he can recoup some of his spend.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
without even watching the vido, it sounds like the fella has swallowed the gas monkey playbook.
buy a car, knock it down publicly , lash it up quietly, flip it at sema and hope to make money on the advertising.
"Hey guys welcome back to the channel 🤮"

The whole style of presentation being peddled by the likes of these 'Petrolheadonism' people is not my cup of tea either. All this 'lifestyle' cobblers with bad rap music soundtracks, "..our partners on this project..." and the attempt at spin-off marketing and linked events is already looking clichéd-out. The more honest, more informative, more grown-up and less desperate type 'channels' are far more rewarding to watch. Or maybe I'm just old?

The presenter [whatever his name is] says he got a 'refund on the Lamborghini'. Maybe he should try to get a refund on the Z too. He can spend it on a two-for-one offer at Specsavers.

"One of one of one of one build". They all are mate. They have a number engraved on them.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I'm having déja vu (all over again) looking at that presenter's face. Did he have a former career in a sh*t manufactured boy band? Really rings a bell.*

*Not that I'm into that kind of thing...

Robotsan

Club Member
The whole style of presentation being peddled by the likes of these 'Petrolheadonism' people is not my cup of tea either. All this 'lifestyle' cobblers with bad rap music soundtracks, "..our partners on this project..." and the attempt at spin-off marketing and linked events is already looking clichéd-out. The more honest, more informative, more grown-up and less desperate type 'channels' are far more rewarding to watch. Or maybe I'm just old?

The presenter [whatever his name is] says he got a 'refund on the Lamborghini'. Maybe he should try to get a refund on the Z too. He can spend it on a two-for-one offer at Specsavers.

"One of one of one of one build". They all are mate. They have a number engraved on them.

Totally agree. I think we can safely blame America on this kind of YouTube presentation.

Btw.. is it Anthony Costa from Blue!?
I have far too good a knowledge of boy bands from the late 90s - my excuse is because they were on every flippin' TV show back then and as there were only 5 channels I saw far more than my fair share of shite boy and girl bands! 😂

AD240Z

Club Member
I can handle as many discussions about Goertz , Series 1s , and Samuri as you can type . I never ever , ever thought I would see the day we were debating the boy band Blue.

Can membership be refunded ?

No it isn’t :

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I can handle as many discussions about Goertz , Series 1s , and Samuri as you can type . I never ever , ever thought I would see the day we were debating the boy band Blue.

Can membership be refunded ?

No it isn’t :

Err, not in these circumstances :rolleyes:

It's a bit unnecessary to call him huge isn't it?

candy red

Club Member
We know what these cars hide but others get carried away by the thought of profit. Homework needs to be done to establish panel availability etc before jumping in and buying.

I'm afraid "rose tinted specs' are often worn by classic car enthusiasts. I wore some when I bought my first 240. I suspect Candy Red has a pair too. At least we were able to do the work ourselves, however I sold mine honestly and cheaply so I didn't make any money but boy I enjoyed it for 18 years. The worst thing I could have done was get it sand-blasted soon after I bought it - thankfully I didn't - ever.
You might have had Rose tinted glasses on when you brought your Rob but I definitely didn’t might have had shades on but it was summer time yes there’s been more work than I’d anticipated,but most of the reason for that is I wanted to get the car as rust free as I can certain areas of the car I could have left and probably be driving around in it now .as we’ve all see there are cars people have brought for probably 6/7 times more than what I brought mine for and guess what there still full of rust or endless patches with poor welding. I new mine wanted a lot of work an am still happy with what I got for what I paid for it,also I’m enjoying the process as it’s just a hobby for me don’t really watch television would sooner be in the garage working out my jigsaw puzzle (the Datsun ) and it’s never been about what it’s costing or what it’s worth it’s about try to achieve the best I can that’s all and sharing it with others 🤓

AD240Z

Club Member

From the flaming lambo article :

“Once we were safe, I just wanted to minimise the damage……so I chose to film it to share how quickly a car fire can spread and destroy any car. I filmed the video for our Petrolheadonism social media channels “

Maybe I’m old too.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
You might have had Rose tinted glasses on when you brought your Rob but I definitely didn’t might have had shades on but it was summer time yes there’s been more work than I’d anticipated,but most of the reason for that is I wanted to get the car as rust free as I can certain areas of the car I could have left and probably be driving around in it now .as we’ve all see there are cars people have brought for probably 6/7 times more than what I brought mine for and guess what there still full of rust or endless patches with poor welding. I new mine wanted a lot of work an am still happy with what I got for what I paid for it,also I’m enjoying the process as it’s just a hobby for me don’t really watch television would sooner be in the garage working out my jigsaw puzzle (the Datsun ) and it’s never been about what it’s costing or what it’s worth it’s about try to achieve the best I can that’s all and sharing it with others 🤓
Derrick, to clarify - in my mind the term 'rose-tinted specs' means that you see things that hint at problems but you tell yourself that the problems are smaller than they really are because you want to buy the car. If you had no interest in the car and were advising someone else about a purchase you'd probably make more of it as a problem.

Huw

Club Member
Buyer beware and all that, and I have little sympathy for the buyer in this case. BUT I am pretty horrified and extremely disappointed IF it was a member of this club/forum that mislead the buyer into a sale of those two cars in that condition.

There are enough shite sticks out there willing to rip you off selling crap. I personally expect better of fellow Z enthusiasts than that. It does bugger all for the cars and bugger all for this club.

If it is a known club member that sold them. I would expect the club to at least look into this and suggest politely that the ’member’ in question peddle their ‘wares’ more responsibly. Makes us look bad.

Very disgruntled and extremely disappointed of Bristol. 🤬

Status
Not open for further replies.