Calendar dropped though letterbox

AshTheScaff

Club Member
Thanks Steve, I'm glad they've started arriving. I've got about 100 left to post this week and then I can start finding out about those that have moved house in the last year 😀
😂 that’s never occurred to me. You’ll be pleased to know I’m not one of them. Yet 🤪
But mine also landed too 👌🏼

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
All the calendars are now posted for everyone that was a member on 29/12/2022.
So for UK members, please let me know if yours hasn't arrived by next Friday.
for non UK members, please let me know if you haven't got yours by say 21 Jan.

fae821w

Club Member
A very nice surprise to find my car has been selected for February in the 2023 Calendar. An excellent production again this year chaps. Many thanks to Jon and Mr Tenno.

ChazL

Club Member
A very nice surprise to find my car has been selected for February in the 2023 Calendar. An excellent production again this year chaps. Many thanks to Jon and Mr Tenno.
Message to the lucky owner of the lovely 280ZX featured on ZCalendar 2023 for "February"
I also own a stunning 79 historic reg 280ZX. Totally original with 28 thousand on the clock.Only it is a 2+2 auto
in precisely the same met blue as the car featured. I'm at odds in knowing what to do. The car is uniquely original with a stunning interior
and a very low millage. Its a privilage to own and to occasionally drive. However. there is bubbling evident under the forty year old paintwork
the underside is totally rust free. The car is perfect for a complete exterior restoration. The concern is this. The car is currently worth its highest value
as a unique,totally original example of the marque. Every time I have taken the car out it inevitably it draws an admiring fan base and clearly the 280ZX enjoys a substantial following. Also, the 280ZX marque has received a big boost since being featured in the recent iplayer series "Tokyo Vice". There is now a substantial following of guys and girls born in the seventies/eighties who never saw these cars, who earn substantial earnings and who will bid big to get a good one. This is my problem. i) Spares have always been difficult but my biggest concern is replacing the chrome strips around the windscreen,should they become damaged in removal if they are irreplaceable. ii)The cost of a high quality repaint is likely to be around 20k. That is the current value. So it needs careful consideration. To keep the car and complete the necessary repaint or spend 20k and only expect to receive 20k if you sell. And that is the basic difference between a 240z where the 20k spend is a very probable added value.
Undoubtedly. There will be a time when the 280ZX will become an extremely valuable asset. good examples are getting hard to find whereas there are several hundreds of 240Zs around the planet. Also. as one would expect, motor manufacturing tends to be a progressive pursuit. In terms of build and drive quality, the 280ZX is by far a superior product. It has until now just lacked the fashionable glam. However,everything has its time and its own particular charm. Would you please put me in touch with your exterior paint restorer.
Look forward to a 280ZX owners meet up sometime soon.
Much appreciated
Charles
Chaz L

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Message to the lucky owner of the lovely 280ZX featured on ZCalendar 2023 for "February"
I also own a stunning 79 historic reg 280ZX. Totally original with 28 thousand on the clock.Only it is a 2+2 auto
in precisely the same met blue as the car featured. I'm at odds in knowing what to do. The car is uniquely original with a stunning interior
and a very low millage. Its a privilage to own and to occasionally drive. However. there is bubbling evident under the forty year old paintwork
the underside is totally rust free. The car is perfect for a complete exterior restoration. The concern is this. The car is currently worth its highest value
as a unique,totally original example of the marque. Every time I have taken the car out it inevitably it draws an admiring fan base and clearly the 280ZX enjoys a substantial following. Also, the 280ZX marque has received a big boost since being featured in the recent iplayer series "Tokyo Vice". There is now a substantial following of guys and girls born in the seventies/eighties who never saw these cars, who earn substantial earnings and who will bid big to get a good one. This is my problem. i) Spares have always been difficult but my biggest concern is replacing the chrome strips around the windscreen,should they become damaged in removal if they are irreplaceable. ii)The cost of a high quality repaint is likely to be around 20k. That is the current value. So it needs careful consideration. To keep the car and complete the necessary repaint or spend 20k and only expect to receive 20k if you sell. And that is the basic difference between a 240z where the 20k spend is a very probable added value.
Undoubtedly. There will be a time when the 280ZX will become an extremely valuable asset. good examples are getting hard to find whereas there are several hundreds of 240Zs around the planet. Also. as one would expect, motor manufacturing tends to be a progressive pursuit. In terms of build and drive quality, the 280ZX is by far a superior product. It has until now just lacked the fashionable glam. However,everything has its time and its own particular charm. Would you please put me in touch with your exterior paint restorer.
Look forward to a 280ZX owners meet up sometime soon.
Much appreciated
Charles
Chaz L
Charles, you saw that car and owner Andy at the NEC a few years ago. It was on display with your white Z32. It's black by the way.

fae821w

Club Member
2012 NEC car show Charles.
As Rob said, it's black, but I can see where you're coming from. Paint work is a combination of original, some done during a restoration completed 30 years ago, and a few touch-ups which a work colleague did for me prior to the show in 2012. Huw and Derrick are some of the ones to speak to regarding paint work, their cars are exceptional, and more modern paint products have been used. Wouldn't have thought a good paint job would cost 20k.
Do you still have the car you showed at the NEC?
Andy.

Attachments

• IMG_20220622_133822.jpg
    IMG_20220622_133822.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 12