Sad Samuri

AD240Z

Club Member
This thread must have a polish referee - it’s had more comebacks than France .

@Sean H - you bought the whale tail ‘sad samuri ‘- or another car in the thread ?

Either way - worth a story and some pics .

Paul_S

Club Member
Can I possibly ask how I get hold of your mate I now own this lovely car and purchased off a lovely family Peter who had the car a number of years had sadly passed away in 2021 and early Summer 2022 I agreed to buy the car was Peters pride and joy .. I am advised he was a regular on the 240z scene and it was a very tough sale for the family tgat day ..
I just checked samuri-240's profile and it says they've not been online since Jan 1, 2018, so you're not likely to get a response I'm afraid.

I'm not sure if anyone on here is still in touch with them...?

AD240Z

Club Member
Can I possibly ask how I get hold of your mate I now own this lovely car and purchased off a lovely family Peter who had the car a number of years had sadly passed away in 2021 and early Summer 2022 I agreed to buy the car was Peters pride and joy .. I am advised he was a regular on the 240z scene and it was a very tough sale for the family tgat day ..

I’m reading between the lines now - Columbo style. Long shot choice of thread this one .

Is your car this one :

richiep

Club Member
Where the whale-tail car from the beginning of this thread is concerned, the last I was aware, Phil (red baron) still had what was left of it and a donor car. I think due to Phil's health ups and downs - along with him having had a couple of other nice 240Zs for short periods in the last few years (a Rebello-engined import and the ex-Barrie Williams car) - it hasn't progressed much at all. I haven't spoken to him in a while, so he may have sold it all on...

AD240Z

Club Member
Where the whale-tail car from the beginning of this thread is concerned, the last I was aware, Phil (red baron) still had what was left of it and a donor car. I think due to Phil's health ups and downs - along with him having had a couple of other nice 240Zs for short periods in the last few years (a Rebello-engined import and the ex-Barrie Williams car) - it hasn't progressed much at all. I haven't spoken to him in a while, so he may have sold it all on...

I did wonder what had happened to sad samuri - and the russian one ?

Looks like Red baron sold the sad samuri .

@Albrecht was keeping quiet about the russian one - looking through the thread .......................................
As I'm not sure whether the person who now has the car actually wants the fact to be publicised, I'll have to keep quiet for now.

The car is still in Russia.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I might make it a New Year's Resolution not to talk about any 'Samuri' cars at all, apart from The Big Three*.

*which are in fact The Big Six, as is traditional where all things Samuri are concerned...
Why that

My super samuri Is flying the flag For the club and represent what Spike was capable of doin to a 240z

Also sad samuri went over to Ireland and guess what he not making it a Sammy he doin his own thing can't remember bloke name bit his wife Karen I have on Facebook and send me pics every now and then

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Why that

My super samuri Is flying the flag For the club and represent what Spike was capable of doin to a 240z

Also sad samuri went over to Ireland and guess what he not making it a Sammy he doin his own thing can't remember bloke name bit his wife Karen I have on Facebook and send me pics every now and then

If I were you, I'd be happy about my proposed New Year's Resolution. The less I say about what the whole 'Samuri' situation has become*, the better for people who are happy to go along with it all.

*I say 'become' because I have respect for what was achieved in period. What came after that is - and I'm being polite here - a hot mess that taints the whole story. I'm only interested in 'Big Sam' (a story that involves more than one car...). the original 'FFA' and the original 'LAL'. Your last paragraph illustrates why:

You talk of somebody "not making it a Sammy", as though these things can be done - and undone - at a whim. Indeed, that's exactly what people have been doing. That's the whole problem.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The less I say about what the whole 'Samuri' situation has become*, the better for people who are happy to go along with it all.

You talk of somebody "not making it a Sammy", as though these things can be done - and undone - at a whim. Indeed, that's exactly what people have been doing. That's the whole problem.
Alan - are you the reference on all Samuri cars ? :conf2:

There are several 'tiers' of Samuri-ness, no ?

Agreed upon 'that's the whole problem'.;)

..........The Russian one is safe and sound from drones and Putin.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Spike agreed my car

It actually been spoken about through the club and classic Z register

He made road cars like my super samuri

I think this is a negative to the club when u come.out with this

Why doesn't the club make a thread on super samuri race cars and road cars

Still not helping me as a 240z super samuri owner spike certificate

Also the 2x Clive saw it and they said it exactly how spike modified them respect to you and keeping it like this

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User

Have never claimed to be. Did somebody else claim that I am, or is that just something that popped into your head.

On the other hand, I was involved in (properly) researching and identifying the true origin of the bodyshell that 'Big Sam' currently resides in for the previous long-term owner (and which the subsequent owner - in true 'Samuri' tradition - discarded because it wasn't as sexy as the utter blarney they preferred) and also properly researching 'LAL 909K', identifying and authenticating it for the current owner (ask him). Maybe I know a bit about them? Still a lot to learn, and I would not trust too much that's been written about them in the past...

As for the rest of them, I'd say - again, being polite - that they are best viewed on a case-by-case basis. The 'Samuri' name being sold/not sold/stolen/appropriated/misused/applied to cars 'converted' remotely/"we are the new owners" etc etc (pick one) and cars being "authenticated" remotely with a 'certificate'..... It's all too much of a stew for truth to be separated from fiction and fantasy.

Yes, there are cars like Mr Ex Jr's which are well known, authentic and judged as 'correct' (I'm not saying otherwise), but there are also cars that are completely sexed-up recent fabrications, but are - bizarrely - "on the list". I'm not referring to the recent 'Sanction' cars such as that built for Win Percy.

People get very fragile about all this and become offended, but even a minimal amount of scrutiny lays bare how bizarre and messy the whole 'Samuri' thing became after the few years of its original activities. Calling it out is totally justified, but it is very much a sacred cow for some. People don't like the boat being rocked.

Still not helping me as a 240z super samuri owner spike certificate

Also the 2x Clive saw it and they said it exactly how spike modified them respect to you and keeping it like this

Here's a question for you Christian. What do you think about the blatant fakery and 'sexing-up' that goes on with many of the cars that are claimed to be "on the list" and have a "certificate"?

Do you not think that having obvious jokers in the pack devalues the whole thing? Don't you think these imposters devalue your own - genuine and correct - car? I do.

I have said - many many times - that I have NO problem with replicas/tributes/lookalikes/re-creations (whatever we want to call them this week) but they MUST be correctly identified as such. If not, they risk degrading and even destroying the reflected glory that they seek to bask in.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Have never claimed to be. Did somebody else claim that I am, or is that just something that popped into your head.

On the other hand, I was involved in (properly) researching and identifying the true origin of the bodyshell that 'Big Sam' currently resides in for the previous long-term owner (and which the subsequent owner - in true 'Samuri' tradition - discarded because it wasn't as sexy as the utter blarney they preferred) and also properly researching 'LAL 909K', identifying and authenticating it for the current owner (ask him). Maybe I know a bit about them? Still a lot to learn, and I would not trust too much that's been written about them in the past...

As for the rest of them, I'd say - again, being polite - that they are best viewed on a case-by-case basis. The 'Samuri' name being sold/not sold/stolen/appropriated/misused/applied to cars 'converted' remotely/"we are the new owners" etc etc (pick one) and cars being "authenticated" remotely with a 'certificate'..... It's all too much of a stew for truth to be separated from fiction and fantasy.

Yes, there are cars like Mr Ex Jr's which are well known, authentic and judged as 'correct' (I'm not saying otherwise), but there are also cars that are completely sexed-up recent fabrications, but are - bizarrely - "on the list". I'm not referring to the recent 'Sanction' cars such as that built for Win Percy.

People get very fragile about all this and become offended, but even a minimal amount of scrutiny lays bare how bizarre and messy the whole 'Samuri' thing became after the few years of its original activities. Calling it out is totally justified, but it is very much a sacred cow for some. People don't like the boat being rocked.

Here's a question for you Christian. What do you think about the blatant fakery and 'sexing-up' that goes on with many of the cars that are claimed to be "on the list" and have a "certificate"?

Do you not think that having obvious jokers in the pack devalues the whole thing? Don't you think these imposters devalue your own - genuine and correct - car? I do.

I have said - many many times - that I have NO problem with replicas/tributes/lookalikes/re-creations (whatever we want to call them this week) but they MUST be correctly identified as such. If not, they risk degrading and even destroying the reflected glory that they seek to bask in.
Awwww I don't agree with fake samuri I went to see one about 7yrs ago bloke basically said it was a samuri then went on to say it been built to one

I no of a few replica I don't like them and am all about owning the real thing :)

I just try keep spike story alive and fly the flag

8658kv

Club Member
.. It's all too much of a stew for truth to be separated from fiction and fantasy.

678AD34B-F22B-4BFD-AC9E-C19B224D5043.jpeg43F6834E-1C46-44D4-A900-388FA45888BA.jpeg

I know this car has been discussed lots of times.

You would think the person issuing the certificate ,especially after writing two books, and building several cars, would know the difference between an S30 and a HS30!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

It appreared to be implied here, that somehow your saying something ie opinion had some weight :
Albrecht said:
The less I say about what the whole 'Samuri' situation has become*, the better for people who are happy to go along with it all.

And I wouldn't argue with you however IF you are a reference, perhaps together ALL of us can list as a closed and public topic what The Z Club accepts as a definitive list of Samuri prepared cars by the company under both owners.
Sureley THAT would help everyone, sellers, buyers.....journalists....?

Yes, you're very knowledgeable only upon the competition cars, in fact the Big Three.......those 3x that really interest you and I don't blame you for limiting your interest to those and the values they may attract up for sale.

Big six ? Are you including some of Spikes' last spurt ?
As for the rest of them, I'd say - again, being polite - that they are best viewed on a case-by-case basis.
Totally agreed.
Calling it out is totally justified, but it is very much a sacred cow for some. People don't like the boat being rocked.
'cos it's about money !
I don't believe the obvious jokers devalue the remainder and if anyone buys one without having done their homework, at least participating in the owners club BEFOREHAND, then caveat emptor ! We are not the Z-internet police but there to assist if potentiel buyers/owners appraoch us (see above in bold).
The same goes for parts or merely the sum of parts ie cars ? 🤭

ps : is this a real Samuri ?

Attachments

• 117267553_1241923672814314_349571763837585137_o.jpg
    117267553_1241923672814314_349571763837585137_o.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 21

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I know this car has been discussed lots of times.

You would think the person issuing the certificate ,especially after writing two books, and building several cars, would know the difference between an S30 and a HS30!
Gold/Maroon vs Red/brown and 2565cc vs L28......kinda proves Alans' point - no ?EXTRA:D

Did 'he' quote S30 to the DVLA or was it their mistake ?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User

So from that, to this:

It appreared to be implied here, that somehow your saying something ie opinion had some weight :

And I wouldn't argue with you however IF you are a reference

So from the suggestion that my opinion might carry some weight (on three specific cars), to somehow me being set up (to be knocked down) as "the reference on all Samuri cars". And that after I've made a concerted effort to state that I'm only really interested in the three particular cars.

This is why there's not much point in debating anything with you. You set something up as though it is fact, and then move the goalposts.
...and I don't blame you for limiting your interest to those and the values they may attract up for sale.

See, this is what you do. I don't give a rat's arse about "the values they may attract". That stuff is here today, gone tomorrow. Up today, down tomorrow. You constantly - constantly - fail to comprehend the nature of my interest in such cars. I think it's fair to say that if you haven't 'got it' by now then you never will.

Big six ? Are you including some of Spikes' last spurt ?

A clear and shining example of you not being able to take in what is stated clearly and simply. The identity of 'Big Sam' has ridden on more than one car, more than one factory-designated identity. It has been discussed here and elsewhere - in detail - several times and with your participation, but you never seem to be able to remember. It goes in one ear and out the other.

And I specifically stated that I am NOT discussing the 'Sanction' cars:

I'm not referring to the recent 'Sanction' cars such as that built for Win Percy.

I don't believe the obvious jokers devalue the remainder...

Noted. And that's the polar opposite of what I believe. I think you'll find my view is shared by the kind of people who compile Catalogues Raisonné for artistic works. If you have a situation where a given artist is handing out certificates of authenticity for recent copies of his work, then his reputation will suffer and it will reflect badly on his real work. In that situation, how is anyone to know what is The Real Thing and what is not?

The same goes for parts or merely the sum of parts ie cars ? 🤭

Word salad. If you have a thought-through point to make (questionable...) then try to state it plainly and legibly.

ps : is this a real Samuri ?

At this point, I find it hard to care one way or the other. However, if you don't see the irony of asking me that (given all said above) then it is the usual Samuri SNAFU.

Some long while ago I made the joke that we should probably expect a few more great 'lost' Samuris to turn up out of nowhere. The possibility that 'LOL', 'WTF' and 'FFS' are going to pop up on an amended list seems more likely now than it ever has before...

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I don't have the monopoly of goal-post moving......and I simply asked a straightforward question backed up with the statement that I wouldn't argue with you.

Do people prefer argument or debate ?

Yes, I love irony and again, I asked a question......to which no response has been given.

Now let's all drink some left-over Christmas cheer : better things to do now.