Rally 240Z, Silverstone auctions

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think I've seen this car for auction there before.

If I have steer clear of it. It had a huge crash on that rally and should have been reshelled but it wasn't.

I'LL CHECK MY RECORDS LATER.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Was it this ? The link is dead now sadly

I don't think so but I'll check later. There is a picture on the internet of it after a botched repair in Greece.
It hit a lorry I seem to remember and the whole of the front forward of the windscreen was crushed and forced sideways. From memory there was a lot of filler in the engine bay.

AD240Z

Club Member
I don't think so but I'll check later. There is a picture on the internet of it after a botched repair in Greece.
It hit a lorry I seem to remember and the whole of the front forward of the windscreen was crushed and forced sideways. From memory there was a lot of filler in the engine bay.

That must be this part ‘Subsequently returned to Motorman in Greece for further restoration and upgrading’

😂

AD240Z

Club Member
Wow! Was that second photo (with the strap across the bonnet) after the repair and did it carry on in the rally?
“Unfortunately we had an accident in Greece and so were not competitive in the rally thereafter – we did arrive in Cape Town first but were probably officially in last place

After our accident we spent 3-4 days in Greece getting the car back in shape”

It was just a different shape to when it started .

B1078265-25ED-473D-9EC4-B64986886015.jpeg

But of course - it did get there ….

Last edited: