What did you do to your Z this week?

grb184

Club Member
Finally got my T3 micro front brake system fitted!

Attachments

• F4BC9795-E011-4DC8-B478-CE22A64F666A.jpeg
    F4BC9795-E011-4DC8-B478-CE22A64F666A.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 23

grb184

Club Member
Happy with it Graham?
Still need to bed them in, but the front judder I had has disappeared. All the bits seem really well made and the guys at T3 even sent me a change of hub spacers because apparently unbeknown to me I have 240 hubs on my 260z all free of charge.

Faster Behr

Club Member
Fantastic. You could even have another level for even more projects!
Indeed Rob. I've got a car mezzanine going in with a floor to floor 4 post lift in the back corner. There will be room for 5-6 cars up there if needed which I can move around on dollies. I've got a two post clear floor lift going in downstairs in the open area also. Can't wait. The only choice I'm stuck with is what I do with the floor. I'd like something more durable than bog standard paint. I'm leaning towards epoxy..

candy red

Club Member
Indeed Rob. I've got a car mezzanine going in with a floor to floor 4 post lift in the back corner. There will be room for 5-6 cars up there if needed which I can move around on dollies. I've got a two post clear floor lift going in downstairs in the open area also. Can't wait. The only choice I'm stuck with is what I do with the floor. I'd like something more durable than bog standard paint. I'm leaning towards epoxy..
Epoxy definitely 🤓

If it’s a power floated floor, I’d leave it as is.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
I dreamt I had time to do more to the car these past few weeks. The posts about people selling their own cars has me wondering where my journey with my car will end?

In the mean time, I've paid another yearly vehicle tax for the car. Adrian Flux was a good choice with their personal cover, and the key cover has me a bit confused haha.

Slowly getting there with the extension at mine. I've got a roof, garage door is in, lovely powered velux. I hope the car will like its new home 😂IMG_20221113_124854.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I dreamt I had time to do more to the car these past few weeks. The posts about people selling their own cars has me wondering where my journey with my car will end?

In the mean time, I've paid another yearly vehicle tax for the car. Adrian Flux was a good choice with their personal cover, and the key cover has me a bit confused haha.

Slowly getting there with the extension at mine. I've got a roof, garage door is in, lovely powered velux. I hope the car will like its new home 😂View attachment 54496
I like the ventilation too.

Did you mean insurance not tax?

Robotsan

Club Member

Slowly getting there with the extension at mine. I've got a roof, garage door is in, lovely powered velux. I hope the car will like its new home 😂View attachment 54496

Looking good!
How much was your insurance, if you don't mind me asking?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
I like the ventilation too.

Did you mean insurance not tax?
Both; I think it's funny to actually 'pay' for the tax on a historic vehicle. Then I've had to change classic insurance cover as, LV= are no longer providing classic car insurance. Found the customer service was a step up to Adrian Flux, felt like they wanted to give me the best cover instead of feeling like a number to them.

As to the ventilation: Sic Parvis Magna.

Looking good!
How much was your insurance, if you don't mind me asking?

Sub £200 @2k miles a year. Which I can always update with the insurance cover too. As well as the value which I stuck at £16k.

Robotsan

Club Member
Both; I think it's funny to actually 'pay' for the tax on a historic vehicle. Then I've had to change classic insurance cover as, LV= are no longer providing classic car insurance. Found the customer service was a step up to Adrian Flux, felt like they wanted to give me the best cover instead of feeling like a number to them.

As to the ventilation: Sic Parvis Magna.

Sub £200 @2k miles a year. Which I can always update with the insurance cover too. As well as the value which I stuck at £16k.

That's kind of what I was expecting, nice one. Do you reckon you'll do anything like 2000 miles? Or is that just the minimum mileage allowance you can choose?