Brand new steering racks and pinions(Euro spec ratio)

dcrobbo

Club Member
you'll notice it hit covid square on. I actually put a lot of time and some cash into it. with the timing around covid, I put it all on hold. I have found another option, which would be much better than techno toy. their prices for a new rack with shipping and duty is nuts, given what it is.

I did get a Rack rebuilt to as new in the UK, which was custom bushings and proper preload's with bearings etc, which after the custom tools I paid for, ended up being circa £250.
I do appreciate how difficult these projects are and hence how long they take to finally come off, is it possible to let me know who you got to rebuild your rack then please.
Thanks, Dave

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
you'll notice it hit covid square on. I actually put a lot of time and some cash into it. with the timing around covid, I put it all on hold. I have found another option, which would be much better than techno toy. their prices for a new rack with shipping and duty is nuts, given what it is.
So, does that mean that you'll follow up with yout time and money investment to produce LHD and RHD new racks ? I'm still on for two if so.