Nice early 240Z (LHD) at NEC Auction

uk66fastback

Club Member
Just had another look through the pics - what a car … I thought my steering wheel was shiny till I saw the mirror-like bowling ball finish on this one …

9F5D7FF9-C717-4EF6-838B-7E617B95879A.jpeg

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Tax on top. As far as i heard - Goes to Switzerland, bid over phone… That car costs was close to 50k £ 🙈 Oh well - at least i warned the owner and told him it will not sell good in UK (good - to his needs).
Maybe should have resold it through you ;-)

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Some one got a hell of a deal on it at 31000£
Wow. Having seen the car in person, I reckon it would sell easily on Bring-A-Trailer for 100K+ USD.

Ticks pretty much all of the usual BaT boxes: Early production, 99.5% stock, super high quality restoration in factory colour etc etc.

There's a brown '73 HLS30U on BaT right now which is already bid up to 70K USD with a day left to run, and it is nowhere near the same quality (blue-painted oil pan?!).

Wrong place, wrong time.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well I saw this, loved it but dismissed it because it was LHD and I really don't have storage now. If I'd known it was going for £35k I may have been interested (and pay for remote storage). However I expect prices to fall for a couple of years so to be an investment ( can't really use it much, it's too clean) It would need to be worth £40k+ in two years. Anyone got a crystal ball?

I think I'd rather spend that sort of money on a new car and enjoy it every day?

My previous Zs - 3 x 240,1 x 260, 350 and 370 have all been driven regularly. My current Honda CB750K is used regularly too, 1000 miles in 5 months.

Perhaps other people are thinking the same?

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Well I saw this, loved it but dismissed it because it was LHD and I really don't have storage now. If I'd known it was going for £35k I may have been interested (and pay for remote storage). However I expect prices to fall for a couple of years so to be an investment ( can't really use it much, it's too clean) It would need to be worth £40k+ in two years. Anyone got a crystal ball?

I think I'd rather spend that sort of money on a new car and enjoy it every day?
My crystal ball says that this car will loose less in two years than a new car, and provide more enjoyment driving every day.