Nice early 240Z (LHD) at NEC Auction

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
nice.
does 'turn-key ready' mean it starts when you turn the key? just like all the others?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Im going to say £50k minimum and if I hadn't got my GT3 Id have paid it.

EDIT: Just saw its been done by Romas at DCW. Happily pay even more for it...

Last edited:

Paul_S

Club Member
It looks amazing!

(Isn't that being lifted against the advice I was given about using the sills with my new lift?)

RomasDCW

Forum User
funky sump.
Only on very early cars ;)

As sad as it sounds this was build for my friend Alan, as he intended to keep it along Jag Etype we did for him years ago, but family circumstances forced to sell the Z without much enjoyment… Its a very beatiful z, not a 100% correct restoration, but it was ment to be driven… i do have whole build album on it, might just post it on our FB…

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Only on very early cars ;)

As sad as it sounds this was build for my friend Alan, as he intended to keep it along Jag Etype we did for him years ago, but family circumstances forced to sell the Z without much enjoyment… Its a very beatiful z, not a 100% correct restoration, but it was ment to be driven… i do have whole build album on it, might just post it on our FB…
Were those twin downpipes indented specifically to pass by the gearbox flange or supplied like that ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The pound is VERY weak atm, it wouldn’t surprise me (as collecting cars now has quite a large US customer base) if we don’t see this heading back over the pond.
I've always said the LHD customer base is much larger and can also be much closer than the USA ;-)

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I've always said the LHD customer base is much larger and can also be much closer than the USA ;-)
Euro isn’t that much better than the pound in comparison to the dollar still… it’s great really, all the cars that have been shipped over here to the crusty rusty U.K. destined to rot away will be going back to a home in a much better climate (unless they’re heading to Pennsylvania…)