Uk RHD 240z Stage 1 of resto complete

Kieronpollock

Club Member
No but the restorer is proposing to drop it another 2.5inches. His report on his first drive was as follows:
- Wow it quick!
- Gearbox so close and tight better than a modern car no transmission diff or any noises just a roar!
- (as for the T3 suspension), Nice to to firm I think when settled might lower 1 1/2 inch

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Going to look so much nicer lower. Yep, in stages 'cos they settle a bit once adjusted.

Look at a Skillard full grille too (imho).

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Car arrived from restorer today, Great first run out in it, and also my first run out in any 240z!

Thanks to Andy Bowden for all his work on the restoration, she fought us most of the way but is a tamed beast now :rolleyes:

I have a separate link to the summary of my build - this is also accessible at meetings by scanning the 'car tax disc' on the car so no more A4 sheets stuck to the windscreen and all for only £20
https://b2gw.com/?nbnZUvQ7Ees
Given time of year there will be a few run outs on dry days and a bit of detailing to do (to keep me in the garage and away from the wife😂 )

Attachments

• 34B8D1C1-99AA-42BE-935A-275D09A63C02.jpeg
    34B8D1C1-99AA-42BE-935A-275D09A63C02.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 54
  • E696C854-11E0-46E2-A89F-3CFBD3FD3CBB.jpeg
    E696C854-11E0-46E2-A89F-3CFBD3FD3CBB.jpeg
    505.8 KB · Views: 55
  • A4D6D309-4E9F-497A-814E-FFF37A4D5F02.jpeg
    A4D6D309-4E9F-497A-814E-FFF37A4D5F02.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 54

Minksport

Club Member
Looks lovely Kieron, congrats to you and the team for getting it to this stage in a relatively short timescale.

Robotsan

Club Member
Car arrived from restorer today, Great first run out in it, and also my first run out in any 240z!

Thanks to Andy Bowden for all his work on the restoration, she fought us most of the way but is a tamed beast now :rolleyes:

I have a separate link to the summary of my build - this is also accessible at meetings by scanning the 'car tax disc' on the car so no more A4 sheets stuck to the windscreen and all for only £20
https://b2gw.com/?nbnZUvQ7Ees
Given time of year there will be a few run outs on dry days and a bit of detailing to do (to keep me in the garage and away from the wife😂 )

Congrats mate, looks absolutely perfect. Are those 15" Konig Rewinds?

PS does it drive how you were expecting it to drive? If not, how is it different?

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Yep they are 15” konigs
The car came with most of the T3 suspension and 350lb springs so I was thinking it would be a hard ride but far from it, handles very well. Keeping it under 4000rpm so it still has lots to give. Getting used to the short shift gear box which is tight, you just flick the gear stick to change gear. So in summary it’s set up well for fast road driving and in doing so paying homage to its racing history - good to have a car back on the road after 40 year absence!

TB24O

Club Member
Hi Kieron, car looks stunning😃, i glad you have finally got her home and you will have many years of enjoying your hard work.
Hoping to see it in the flesh soon before the weather turns, great write up on resto
Kind regards Tim😉

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Many thanks, got some detailing work to do on it which will give me something to do during the winter!
On waiting list for next week’s Bicester Scramble so fingers crossed