Hello Z Club - old 240Z owner

Ambienz

New Forum User
Hello Z Club.

New forum member

I haven't looked at these cars for years. I still have a VGC 240z thats been sitting in my mother's garage in Australia for the last 30+ years. There's another bare shell still floating around in Oz somewhere that I lost track of decades ago. lol

Now that son is getting old enough was debating brining it over to the UK and then found this forum.

I used to work in a Z shop in my younger days. Restoring 240's - full bare metal full rebuilds and then sending them back to Japan as mock Fairladies.

I was also heavily involved in building performance Z's and racing them or selling drivetrain upgrades to clients who wanted some more grunt. Typically using the L28 F54 flat top import blocks with P90 heads that we use to then work on (reflow, billet cams, exhaust systems, LSD, webers / FI etc etc).

Look forward to seeing where things have moved to in the past 30 years.

Dave

Last edited:

AD240Z

Club Member
Hello Dave - Have you got any pics of the 30 years stored car .

Will make a great build thread - and 30 years planning is about right .........................

AD240Z

Club Member
Great pictures ..

The storage car looks mint - lets hope 30 years have been kind . At least you have the climate .....................

Ambienz

New Forum User
Thanks !

Will be interesting to see how 30 years under a dust cover and up on blocks have treated her.

A good opportunity to rebuild the engine to find a few more ponies. Always wanted 46mm valves, or maybe DOHC, or. . .

;)