260z for sale

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I Think it was advertised for £30k for ages . will be interesting to see what it makes in an open auction. Any guesses from the group?
£23k because of the Samuri connection.

First of all it's an unusual colour combination which will not help it. I can see rust bubbles (rear arch) and on one picture it appears to have rust holes next to the door seal on the drivers side - on another that looks ok. I just fear it's quite rusty, it's certainly scruffy?

I would want to know in what way is this car different to a standard 260Z 2/2? None of that is mentioned but I can see a tubular exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

JK240

Club Member
Usual
I Think it was advertised for £30k for ages . will be interesting to see what it makes in an open auction. Any guesses from the group?
Usual 'acknowledged by Spike' BS. According to Experian it was only painted Maroon in 1998, prior to that it was white...?

I guess it depends on how badly the seller wants rid of it, but if it is the same chap who had it on eBay for years then he might have a reserve on it.

8658kv

Club Member
Usual

Usual 'acknowledged by Spike' BS. According to Experian it was only painted Maroon in 1998, prior to that it was white...?
According to Spike's Bible, doesn't seem to have many/any of the Super Samuri extras!

Specifications of Super Samuris
Spec 1 The original Super Samuris.
Engine;
Modified cylinder head.
Six-branch GDS exhaust manifold and system.
Three 40DCOE Weber or Del’ortos carbs´
Alloy wheels.
Lowered and uprated suspension
Samuri paint job.
Later on, 4 pot callipers, vented discs and front air dam were added.

Stockdale

Club Member
Although interesting the original thread seems to have been lost beyond the third response and moved to the usual samuri trot. It really sought opinion regarding the quite startling asking price for a Z. Any opinion?

uk66fastback

Club Member
You’ve got go be an absolute Samuri diehard to buy this, surely? There are better cars out there (non-Samuri) for the money …