Throttle bodies

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
the full OER kits look like a cost sensible solution.

Those are nice :cool: Why not these though ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Oh, I thought it would be nice for the others on here to see the problem and save themselves wasting money.
The others can see my comments and request to PM me - I've nothing to hide however since I've not been reimbursed yet, I don't want to publicise too much - ok ? :)

Fosworth

Well-Known Forum User
The others can see my comments and request to PM me - I've nothing to hide however since I've not been reimbursed yet, I don't want to publicise too much - ok ? :)
Perhaps it would have been better to not make such comments in the first place if you had no intention of backing them up. I still don't see how a straight tube with an injector in ( which is essentially what a TB is ) can fail to work in this application ???. As I said previously I have used Jenvey TB's ( both ITB and Heritage ) on various engines with great results.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I still don't see how a straight tube with an injector in ( which is essentially what a TB is ) can fail to work in this application ???. As I said previously I have used Jenvey TB's ( both ITB and Heritage ) on various engines with great results.
I will back it up - you only have to PM me and I will explain why they don't work on Zs and please bear in mind that I'm not the only one, and another member on here has tested both on his engine, the proof of which was accepted by Jenvey.

Tony Mc

Club Member
I'm currently on 50 year old SU roundtops and seriously considering the OER route.

Can anyone advise on benefit between OER "wire type" and "rod type" ?

Also, on the RHD Japan site these "Weber" style kits look to have easily available consumables - worth the extra £ ?

- Features the use of all Weber tuning components including main jets, emulsion tubes, air jets, idle jets, pump jets and ventures.
- Weber 45mm Racing Carburetor (3pcs)
- Intake manifold for L6 (wire type)
- assembly kit
- Air Funnel 50mm (6pcs)
- short parts such as gasket, fuel hose, hose band(clip), Heat shield etc.

- Venturi Size: 38mm

richiep

Club Member
Wire or rod type is referring to the linkage hardware on the manifold. Rod type uses a rod like the stock Z, connecting the linkage to the factory bracket on the bulkhead. Wire type includes the lever on the linkage for connecting a single throttle cable instead.

I'm currently on 50 year old SU roundtops and seriously considering the OER route.

Can anyone advise on benefit between OER "wire type" and "rod type" ?

Also, on the RHD Japan site these "Weber" style kits look to have easily available consumables - worth the extra £ ?

- Features the use of all Weber tuning components including main jets, emulsion tubes, air jets, idle jets, pump jets and ventures.
- Weber 45mm Racing Carburetor (3pcs)
- Intake manifold for L6 (wire type)
- assembly kit
- Air Funnel 50mm (6pcs)
- short parts such as gasket, fuel hose, hose band(clip), Heat shield etc.

- Venturi Size: 38mm

Yes you use Webber jets etc. theory of them means you get the best bits of the Webber design with some of the nice bits of others. It works out cheaper than buying Webber’s and a manifold also.

richiep

Club Member
I’ll bite.

I’d wager that the issue with the Heritage ITBs is that the injector wiring is underneath the bodies, I.e. right on top of the L6’s exhaust manifold. That is a recipe for fried wiring…

zbloke

Club Member
I’ll bite.

I’d wager that the issue with the Heritage ITBs is that the injector wiring is underneath the bodies, I.e. right on top of the L6’s exhaust manifold. That is a recipe for fried wiring…
It's more to do with the angle of the injectors

Mr.G

Club Member
@SeanDezart Hello Sean, is it just the Heritage ones you have found fault with or the DCOE too?

I have the DCOE ones. I use a synchronometer to ensure they are all set the same. More power unleashed with ITBs, depends how far you want to go. If you already have a programmable ecu and want more power its a natural evolution to go ITBs.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
@SeanDezart Hello Sean, is it just the Heritage ones you have found fault with or the DCOE too?

I have the DCOE ones. I use a synchronometer to ensure they are all set the same. More power unleashed with ITBs, depends how far you want to go. If you already have a programmable ecu and want more power its a natural evolution to go ITBs.

Not sure I understand you George. I moved from 45mm DCOEs to Jenvey Heritage 45s and will soon be moving to their stock (modern-look) 45 ITBs.
And then once all is set up running ok with a rolling road report, I'm going to look at some of those Chinese ITBs that were quoted above or the OERs....I really want to have a carb-look under the bonnet ! :cool:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I’ll bite.

Don't you fit heatshields ?:rolleyes:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Ceramic coat the exhaust,I’ve no heat shield after having that done,just had the inside done that’s one of your exhausts Sean baby never had a problem

Mr.G

Club Member
Not sure I understand you George. I moved from 45mm DCOEs to Jenvey Heritage 45s and will soon be moving to their stock (modern-look) 45 ITBs.
And then once all is set up running ok with a rolling road report, I'm going to look at some of those Chinese ITBs that were quoted above or the OERs....I really want to have a carb-look under the bonnet ! :cool:
Apologies i was referring to their modern type DCOEs ITBs and if you have found or heard of any problems with those.

Pondo

Club Member
I’ll bite.

Have you noticed how mzr flip the jenvys upside down? I was thinking that’s more a styling thing.