Seatbelt problems

Classic Z

Club Member
Hi

I have been looking through the threads on here and could not seem to find an answer unless I missed something.

I have a 1972 240z. The seatbelt mechanisms do not work properly. One does not retract and the other does not pull out. The side that does not retract had a broken spring when I opened it up. Tried to fix it by bending the end and reinserting it. It helped but I think the spring is so old and weak it does not work properly.

Does anyone know of a company in the UK that can recondition them or supply new springs etc. or is it a case of buying some replacement ones form Z store in USA. I found some for $185 plus shipping and charges.

Thanks

Kieronpollock

Club Member
We did have problems with bolt length when installing the belt spool/unit to the rear trim area as per ‘stock’ photo. You then have the faff of setting the two ‘dials’ on the unit so that they both point to 12 o’clock so the belt will extend and retract freely but once installed it looks pretty good

Classic Z

Club Member
We did have problems with bolt length when installing the belt spool/unit to the rear trim area as per ‘stock’ photo. You then have the faff of setting the two ‘dials’ on the unit so that they both point to 12 o’clock so the belt will extend and retract freely but once installed it looks pretty good
Ok. Not to difficult from the sound of it.

What did it cost in total? Trying to figure out weather its worth buying these or getting my originals fixed. There is a company that come out and repair them onsite for around £200 to £300 depending on what is needed.