Skiddell/Pmac Airbox

Texasroadrunner

Club Member
I’m running Jenvy TBs with an Emerald ecu,There is an upgrade available for the ecu,might go see Karl about that but it’s just come off the rolling road so I’ll leave it for now.
If you are looking for an ecu have a look at the Max,They are based in Sweden ,lovely bit of kit
Thank you, Status, I'll check them out.

240L31

Club Member
Can it be that this air box doesn't fit with stock SU carbs? Way too close to the body in my opinion...

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_202925.jpg
    IMG_20220704_202925.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 25

status

Well-Known Forum User
Ill get on it later today,I know there’s not much room I’ll also measure the manifold as that could be your main problem as there are two depths

status

Well-Known Forum User
I have just measured ,so here we go my manifold is 11 cm s deep and the gap between airbox and strut tower is 3-4 cms,I have one of the skiddel original air boxes,

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Further to my earlier comment:

I have sold the manifolds now but I know who has them.

However why is your car giving this issue? It might be worth taking some measurements between cylinder hear and suspension tower for other to compare with theirs? Engine mounts?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I have just measured ,so here we go my manifold is 11 cm s deep and the gap between airbox and strut tower is 3-4 cms,I have one of the skiddel original air boxes,
You don't have SUs though, do you?

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah but with the narrower manifold it won’t be a problem as there are more than one size manifold even mine is close at 3-4 CMs,it’s matter of getting the right depth manifold,Wots the depth of your manifold 240

240L31

Club Member
Air horns arrived (from UK), filter sock from Australia on its way.. It could work out in the end. I realized that the engine tilts away from the strut tower under load 🐵

IMG_20220709_164114.jpgIMG_20220709_164948.jpg

Dale

Club Member
I started fitting mine this week but when I lined it all up I wasn’t 100% happy that the supplied clips would latch to the back plate well enough so found an alternative that seems to do the trick nicely. I bought a pack of drum claw hooks, some 150mm hex bolts and wing nuts and put them all together. They grip from both sides and think it looks ok.

I will also be trying to fix up connectors to fit the crankcase breather and carb overflow hoses to it like the original airbox does.

50F287DD-8CBE-4747-9D75-616300C8B3E7.jpeg27E44F72-4A6A-47BB-9AF0-319F4593C56C.jpeg

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I started fitting mine this week but when I lined it all up I wasn’t 100% happy that the supplied clips would latch to the back plate well enough so found an alternative that seems to do the trick nicely. I bought a pack of drum claw hooks, some 150mm hex bolts and wing nuts and put them all together. They grip from both sides and think it looks ok.

I will also be trying to fix up connectors to fit the crankcase breather and carb overflow hoses to it like the original airbox does.

View attachment 58624View attachment 58625
Do let us all know how well they work @Dale , maybe I can add them to the kit if/when we do another batch.

Dale

Club Member
Do let us all know how well they work @Dale , maybe I can add them to the kit if/when we do another batch.
Will do. The claws need a little bending in places as they are slightly curved being for a drum and the hooks needed spreading a bit, but as long as they don’t vibrate off should work well as they also line up flat on the back plate so pull the box together.

Dale

Club Member
..I will also be trying to fix up connectors to fit the crankcase breather and carb overflow hoses to it like the original airbox does.

Now fitted. It may well be detrimental to the flow of air inside the box but I’m not overly worried about that. The gaskets I made really do put the box close to the strut tower though so I hope it doesn’t shatter from engine movement!

B53B4B56-8D68-48DA-ADC1-4C88DE0DD2CA.jpeg

Dale

Club Member
I finished fitting the airbox after the last bits of pipe arrived through the post. The new box fixings have stayed in place after a few runs out so I’m very happy with those.

Typically though (as is fairly normal for me) is another ‘one step forward and one step back’. Over the last few run outs the speedo had started dancing about, getting progressively worse, and has now failed completely! So another job to add to the list. EXTRA:(

F698AB63-5B8C-4A98-B9E0-E90EFF0B04EA.jpeg

status

Well-Known Forum User
Where did you get the pipe work Dale as thinking of doing mine similar,there was a place in Gt Dunnmow but I think they’ve gone

Dale

Club Member
I followed Richie’s guide on using a specific Honda intake kit and got lucky when I spotted a second hand one on eBay, chopped it down and bought a 90deg for the front.

This was sold as for a Prelude so that as well as a Civic/CRX.

Attachments

• 5B37CC2E-DF11-4B48-AD8A-31EAE7D5D0E4.png
    5B37CC2E-DF11-4B48-AD8A-31EAE7D5D0E4.png
    522.9 KB · Views: 22