What did you do to your Z this week?

Robotsan

Club Member
I’ll stick the graph up later Rob for both cars,Steve the RR man who did the 3.1 back in 2007 said it’s a much better motor than wot I had before I’ll get him to email that over and you can compare,it goes like stink just like the other did to me both engines had plentry of power,
Robo it’s a 3.2 running Jenvy TBs Quaife diff and a few other bits ind bobs,pic of car and engine bay

Lovely that. Very subtle, almost a sleeper! Just the wheels giving the game away slightly ;)

So did you source the Rebello from the UK or pay for one direct from them in the US?

status

Well-Known Forum User
Payed direct fron USA,cheaper and as good if not better than you’ll get over here as to expensive unless you have the Knowledge,Got all the TBs and Emerald ecu at trade price and the Quaife diff at trade and a few other bits and bobs

5-6 hours on the rolling rd hit 290 bhp with the Rebbelo,( nice one Cyril ) as we say
if I’d taken the Rev limiter out of the equation it would’ve hit over 300 bhp but decided to stay safe,how fast do we really need to go anyway as it’s not a big dick competition but saying that I did have to show the Audi A4 wot real power is on the slip rd on to the M 11 couldn’t resist It,I put fifty quids worth of petrol in the Z and didn’t check on way back and I think I did the last two miles on fumes,Next job is to put me new wheels on then the fourways meet on July 9th,Also there is the Matching green show in July that I hopefully will be going,it’s in Essex near Harlow anyone interested ill ping you over the date,meeting up with me mate in the lotus cortina which did a RR session last week with a measly 133 bhp which is pretty good for one of them
What’s the bhp at the wheel figure on it? What sort of revs was it doing it at? Must feel nice

Paul_S

Club Member
I moved the 240Z in and out of the garage several times the last few days.

I still don't have time to work on the cars (the house is taking all my time still) but I have had to find time to make room for something...
Not another car, but something for the cars I have...

Lift Lowered in Garage.jpg

Lift Raised in Garage.jpg

240Z Over Lift.jpg

Please excuse the extremely messy garage and the extremely dirty car. I'm still 100% in house DIY mode. But I didn't want to miss out on the lift before it went out of stock and up in price. It's something to look forward to when I can get back in to car mode again.

Paul_S

Club Member
No, it's this one.

It's extremely well made. It needs a single phase 16 amp supply so I wired in a commando socket like you'd use for a caravan hook up. It also needs a compressor to unlock the safety latches.

Faster Behr

Club Member
No, it's this one.

It's extremely well made. It needs a single phase 16 amp supply so I wired in a commando socket like you'd use for a caravan hook up. It also needs a compressor to unlock the safety latches.

Very nice. I have been tempted myself. They are handy to have. As are a set of wheel dollies.

Robotsan

Club Member
No, it's this one.

So do you have to put rubber blocks or something where the jacking points are? I see some of the others they sell have additional little arms with rubber blocks on already.

Paul_S

Club Member
This one comes with a set of rubber blocks. They have a low and tall set and when I asked they included both for me FOC.

To be honest, I've not lifted the 240Z on it yet. I wanted to work out if I could do something to raise it using the jacking points recommend on here rather than the sills. But, that said, it's been on a 2 post lift using the sills before and it was okay.

Lifting the 370Z is a doddle.

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Nice Paul. (status)
Glad the Rebello engine makes good power and with plenty of road manners. Welcome to the club. Aahh, and to think I had a load of vittriol for being the first in going Rebello way back in 2012ish (with the same engine spec as Paul). 298bhp from others was thought to be the pinnacle, how things have moved on (or how wrong they were more like).

Smug and vindicated (which I knew all along).

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah well that’s the way it’s gone in here with some people,Steve that did the session said if I took tne rev limiter off it’ll get well over 300 but as I said it’s not a big dik competition and after 80 mph it gets boring anyway it’s just that this gets there extremely quick,I’m just waiting for the chart for the old engine and I’m gonner ping em over to mr gaskin and get his opinion,i might pop round next week if you are about,im rockin sat night but around rest of time

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Nice Paul. (status)
Glad the Rebello engine makes good power and with plenty of road manners. Welcome to the club. Aahh, and to think I had a load of vittriol for being the first in going Rebello way back in 2012ish (with the same engine spec as Paul). 298bhp from others was thought to be the pinnacle, how things have moved on (or how wrong they were more like).

Smug and vindicated (which I knew all along).
Yes there was one particular person who suggested that Rebello horses were ponies.

status

Well-Known Forum User
At least they aren’t donkeys EEAAW EEAAW and more than one person for those in the know but all history now so irelevant

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
My recollection is that no-one said they were bad engines, just that Rebello were a little optimistic with the quoted HP. Bearing in mind this is the engine that Rebello sell as 365 HP, seems justified.

status

Well-Known Forum User
No bhp figures were claimed by Rebello when I ordered mine but might not be the case for all but going by the chart compared to my old 3.1 both were explained to me in detail and the Rebello is a much better motor,Steve who did mine is the equivalent to a brain doctor but just does it on engines instead of brains