240Z wheels and Tyres

Healey 12

Club Member
Hi
does anyone know the correct name of the Fan type and slotted wheels as per the pictures . Thinking of refurbing one set for the car but not sure yet which .!!!
. What tyre size should I put on ? the only reference I can find is from Longstone Tyres and they recommend 175 HR 14 XAS Michelin
https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/datsun/datsun-240z.html

It is currently on 15" with 225 50 tyres which I find does not suit the car .

Thanks
D

Attachments

• IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    541.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6241.JPG
    IMG_6241.JPG
    591 KB · Views: 54

8658kv

Club Member
Hi
does anyone know the correct name of the Fan type and slotted wheels as per the pictures . Thinking of refurbing one set for the car but not sure yet which .!!!
. What tyre size should I put on ? the only reference I can find is from Longstone Tyres and they recommend 175 HR 14 XAS Michelin

Thanks
D
Think the wheels may be Turbo Vec's.

Had a set on a Z a few years ago.

1655928336179.png

status

Well-Known Forum User
Ones on the right are Turbo ve s as stated usually in a 15 ,ive got a set which were refurbed years ago,they look really nice and ones on left are wolfrace or could be suprslots,I had a set in 8 inch which was quite rare at the time,still got tne centre caps somewhere

Healey 12

Club Member
Ones on the right are Turbo ve s as stated usually in a 15 ,ive got a set which were refurbed years ago,they look really nice and ones on left are wolfrace or could be suprslots,I had a set in 8 inch which was quite rare at the time,still got tne centre caps somewhere
Thanks would you let the centre caps go

Healey 12

Club Member
These are 14"

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The ones on the left are not Wolfrace. The name Cobra 'comes to mind' or as status says Superslots? Wolfrace holes are not oval.

Healey 12

Club Member
The ones on the left are not Wolfrace. The name Cobra 'comes to mind' or as status says Superslots? Wolfrace holes are not oval.
Thanks Rob . Do you know what size tyre the car would have had originally . one set are 175 70 14 the other ( fan ) are 185 70 14

Paul_S

Club Member
I know the left hand ones aren't US MAG Indy ones because I have a set of those the the wheel centres are fixed on with small bolts.

Robotsan

Club Member
Got the ones on the right on my 280 - they seem to go by a lot of names.

People seem to call them Western Cyclone, Appliance Cyclone / Appliance Hurricane / Turbo vecs/vectors

But the General Lee had American Racing Vectors (below) which aren't quite the same, so I'd go with any of the first 3 above.

1655977548332.png

As for tyre sizes, I read recently that the original standard tyre was a 175/14 but there was also the option of a 195/70/14. Might have been on a wider wheel though.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Originally 240Zs had a tyre that was the equivalent of 175/80/14. They had 4.5 and 5.0" wheels. The 260Z had 5.5" wheels I think and 195/70/14 tyres. Similar circumference I think.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Most wolfrace were 7 s or smaller I meant that the 8 s were quite rare,I had them machined and lacquered,they quite nice

Hi

Thanks
D
i've a set of those tyres if you're interested. J