• 3BFCDC9A-4FC1-4C1E-9AD6-A570E73A742C.png
    3BFCDC9A-4FC1-4C1E-9AD6-A570E73A742C.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 15

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Shall I delete the earlier advert?

This is interesting - I've done the Honda mod and it was more complex than that looks. Is it supposed to be 'plug and play'? Does it cater for intermittent wipe? I assume so if it covers later cars.

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Hi
I thought I’d put the ad in two places ie for members and non members to see.
I’ve watched a few videos and there is a bit of faffing around, you need to drill a separate hole for the different bolt pattern and need to change the wiring connector on the loom. It was just that the car was in body work before I thought about using it so can’t be bothered going to the expense of go back to sort when I’m struggling to get the car finished

Robotsan

Club Member
Excuse my ignorance (my Z is being shipped soon!) But how bad are the stock wipers? Are they just super slow, or weak? Or do they break easily?

Kieronpollock

Club Member
My car is in resto so can’t really comment other than my limited research says they’re not great, but all depends how often you will be using them and if you’ve had the stock motor serviced recently
Research all confirms the upgrade does make a big difference

yellowz

Club Member
My car is in resto so can’t really comment other than my limited research says they’re not great, but all depends how often you will be using them and if you’ve had the stock motor serviced recently
Research all confirms the upgrade does make a big difference
Hi Keiron

If it's still going I'd like it please. If you are going to make it to Castle Combe I can grab it then or pop over and collect. Car is safe to drive now so going on progressively longer journeys!

Jim

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well from my experience of 4 cars the standard wiper motor is weak. Also the linkages get sloppy and the bushes wear on the pillars that the wiper arm attaches to. There is also a spring that often breaks in the linkage associated with the parking position of the arms.
So compared to a modern car they are poor, however the 'saving grace' is that we don't tend to drive these cars in the rain. I converted one of my cars to a Honda motor because it was a rally car and also the wiper motor was an early one without the intermittent facility but the column switch was a later one.

Robotsan

Club Member
Well from my experience of 4 cars the standard wiper motor is weak. Also the linkages get sloppy and the bushes wear on the pillars that the wiper arm attaches to. There is also a spring that often breaks in the linkage associated with the parking position of the arms.
So compared to a modern car they are poor, however the 'saving grace' is that we don't tend to drive these cars in the rain. I converted one of my cars to a Honda motor because it was a rally car and also the wiper motor was an early one without the intermittent facility but the column switch was a later one.

Thanks for the info Rob. Definitely a backburner job then! My car currently has working wipers and will definitely be only taken out on dry days but you never know. Being from California its probably more likely to expire out of under-use!

P.S. you used to rally a Z? Got any pictures? :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thanks for the info Rob. Definitely a backburner job then! My car currently has working wipers and will definitely be only taken out on dry days but you never know. Being from California its probably more likely to expire out of under-use!

P.S. you used to rally a Z? Got any pictures? :)
I used to rally in the early 70s but Imps, Minis, Avenger. This is the Z I did the wipers on.

Attachments

• 20220304_181411.jpg
    20220304_181411.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 13