Seats

Harllequin

Club Member
Hi there folks.

My 280zx is the 2+2 version.

I'm wondering if the seats with the built in headrests will fit in my car or will I need to stick with the detachable headrest ones.

Kind regards

Darren

Huw

Club Member
Hi there folks.

My 280zx is the 2+2 version.

I'm wondering if the seats with the built in headrests will fit in my car or will I need to stick with the detachable headrest ones.

Kind regards

Darren
Hi Darren.

Shouldn't be a problem with fitting them. Runners are the same. Problem might be getting hold of a pair as they were fitted to the earlier cars mostly. thezstore.com do a full set of covers and the quality is very good and easy (ish) to fit. Did a thread on repairing a set of tombstone seat.

Harllequin

Club Member
Hi Darren.

Shouldn't be a problem with fitting them. Runners are the same. Problem might be getting hold of a pair as they were fitted to the earlier cars mostly. thezstore.com do a full set of covers and the quality is very good and easy (ish) to fit. Did a thread on repairing a set of tombstone seat.

Hi Huw
I decided to just go and get them this morning. There were just at Filey and it seemed rude not too while we were so close on holiday.

The rail is different but I am hoping the spacing is the same.
Also the seat belt catch is on my seat while these ones don't have that fitting so I'll have to either fit a catch to the transmission tunnel or use the brackets from those bucket seats I removed.

I wanted to get these seats as I like the look of them and are in great condition. Another quick fix for comfort as it were.

Pic attached is of the runners. Also the seats.

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_190328_698.jpg
    IMG_20220530_190328_698.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220530-190713~2.png
    Screenshot_20220530-190713~2.png
    819.1 KB · Views: 22

Huw

Club Member
Tidy. What are those seats originally from? If you can get the old rails to fit as you say, should be fine.

Harllequin

Club Member
They were advertised as 240, 260, 280 seats. The chap I got them off was working on a 280z had a good bit chat to him. It was a nice morning.
I'm just going to use the rails from my seats. Worst comes to worse I'll make some flat brackets to adjust for spacing.