Donington Historic Festival 2022

grb184

Club Member
Want to echo all that has been said, was nice to finally meet you all, both new friends and old, and be able to finally stretch the legs of the Albino Sam at last!.

Thanks especially to @Rob Gaskin for organising the event and putting up the club marquee and nice to meet amongst others:
@Huw , @moggy240 ,@JK240, @Mr Ex Jnr , @jonbills, @Samurikid, and all those I chatted to whose names already escape me (getting old!)
F2EBD875-94B9-4D97-B1E5-38C599007D37.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

smaurikid

Club Member
Great weekend! Thanks to all those involved , especially to Rob for tental duties. Good to go in convoy with the Albino one, lots of phones taking pictures of us as we burbled along, we certainly brightened up some days! Although come to think of it they may just have been annoyed.......
Also I second the comments about the Group C cars, those Jags were on a mission, shame they didn't quite do it.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Great weekend! Thanks to all those involved , especially to Rob for tental duties. Good to go in convoy with the Albino one, lots of phones taking pictures of us as we burbled along, we certainly brightened up some days! Although come to think of it they may just have been annoyed.......
Also I second the comments about the Group C cars, those Jags were on a mission, shame they didn't quite do it.
Thank you for attending John and supporting the Z Club stand.

According to the results (TSL Timing) a Jag won on Sunday.

Jay.

Club Member
Great day out today too....dodged most of the 'drizzle', also great to chat with @Rob Gaskin and @jonbills ..

Think I may have arrived tad early tho'.....

View attachment 50333

Great photo!

Was good to meet a few of you guys on Saturday, although it did feel a bit weird to be without a Z. Managed to park up on the Porsche stand a short walk from the ZClub so fortuantely it all worked out well.

Rob, great work organising it, and nice to finally meet you!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What a great weekend I had and I hope you did too.

It was good to be back out again and meeting people face to face. The internet is a fantastic facility but meeting-up and seeing the cars is so much better.

I spoke to many many people but sorry I can't remember all your names and usernames on the forum don't help an old man like me.

We had a super turnout on Saturday even though quite a few members were not in their cars for various reasons. On Sunday we were down to 6 cars, probably due to the inaccurate forecast of rain - we had a 99% dry day. It was cold early in the day but warmed up nicely at the end and as usual I stayed very late to watch the last race (a fantastic 3 hour endurance event).

Our new chairs were a success and I've seen an official MSV picture of the event with one featured! Can you post it please Mr Tenno?

We gave two awards each day and as usual it was not easy deciding on the winners. I think everyone deserved something for bringing their 'pride and joy' along and letting us all see it. Every Z is different (unlike many marques) and they give us lots to look at, talk about and learn from.

Saturday winners:

Car of the Day - Racey and lightweight 240Z, owner Mike Harris (username Moggy240)
Highly Commended - Pristine 280ZX 2 seater, Huw Brown (Huw)

Sunday winners:

Car of the Day - Beautiful black Nissan 300ZX Z31 2+2, Steve Stonehouse (Powertrain)
Highly Commended - Unusual and immaculate white 260Z Super Samuri, Graham Beechey (grb184)

Finally a big thank you to Jon Billings for helping and supporting me - especially with the tent and awards.

grb184

Club Member
What a great weekend I had and I hope you did too.

It was good to be back out again and meeting people face to face. The internet is a fantastic facility but meeting-up and seeing the cars is so much better.

I spoke to many many people but sorry I can't remember all your names and usernames on the forum don't help an old man like me.

We had a super turnout on Saturday even though quite a few members were not in their cars for various reasons. On Sunday we were down to 6 cars, probably due to the inaccurate forecast of rain - we had a 99% dry day. It was cold early in the day but warmed up nicely at the end and as usual I stayed very late to watch the last race (a fantastic 3 hour endurance event).

Our new chairs were a success and I've seen an official MSV picture of the event with one featured! Can you post it please Mr Tenno?

We gave two awards each day and as usual it was not easy deciding on the winners. I think everyone deserved something for bringing their 'pride and joy' along and letting us all see it. Every Z is different (unlike many marques) and they give us lots to look at, talk about and learn from.

Saturday winners:

Car of the Day - Racey and lightweight 240Z, owner Mike Harris (username Moggy240)
Highly Commended - Pristine 280ZX 2 seater, Huw Brown (Huw)

Sunday winners:

Car of the Day - Beautiful black Nissan 300ZX Z31 2+2, Steve Stonehouse (Powertrain)
Highly Commended - Unusual and immaculate white 260Z Super Samuri, Graham Beechey (grb184)

Finally a big thank you to Jon Billings for helping and supporting me - especially with the tent and awards.
Rob

I assume you mean photo
C474D778-B8FC-4E9C-BB04-D7D6A557662D.jpeg

ALN

Club Member
Looks like a really fantastic meet, I'm just gutted I could not be there due to unforseen circumstances...