240Z early USA import - so, how much ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Same weather - been running the kids around for their activities this morning and cooking as madame is working. Cutting wood for the fire later (under shelter) and if ever the sun comes out tomorrow, digging out the cellar to make a new room (30m²).

Putting Rota RKRs on mine but won't disclose the colour yet.:p

Did you mean Atara ?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Great choice of wheel Sean :D as long as it's not the purple variety ;)

Just sent my Z off to the paint shop - everyone's 70s favourite pearlescent white going back to 904 White original.

A set of those in black would look great against the white, maybe even better than my current Panasports ;) I have to admit. Hmmmm, where's the chequebook !

Just sent my Z off to the paint shop - everyone's 70s favourite pearlescent white going back to 904 White original.

A set of those in black would look great against the white, maybe even better than my current Panasports ;) I have to admit. Hmmmm, where's the chequebook !

Where in Devon are you? I've just moved here a year ago. Who do you use for paint etc?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Franky, good to know of another Z enthusiast in the South West.
I am in East Devon - you ?

I have quite a few good contacts for paint / body / restoration within a 10 mile radius of Exeter at good rates that I often use for my business. PM me and let me know exactly what type of work you need - paint only, metalwork, rust repairs etc.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Not just in black.....one of our cars finished last year and residing nearby now.

Attachments

• jap1.jpg
    jap1.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 25
Hi Franky, good to know of another Z enthusiast in the South West.
I am in East Devon - you ?

I have quite a few good contacts for paint / body / restoration within a 10 mile radius of Exeter at good rates that I often use for my business. PM me and let me know exactly what type of work you need - paint only, metalwork, rust repairs etc.

Exeter, Clyst St mary, yourself?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Very tasty indeed ! :thumbs:

Damn, Roto's only come in 8 x 15 though ?
Means you have to go at least 225/50 on the tyres ?
Looks great, fills the arches better but means buying new expensive tyres, heavier steering, ride not as good for an old man etc

Think I would prefer to keep to 7s and 205/60s, powder coating on the existing Panasports coming up me thinks.

richiep

Club Member
Why? 205 60s would be fine on 15x8s with minimal stretch. That's what I intend to do when I switch to Rota RKRs with my car.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Why? 205 60s would be fine on 15x8s with minimal stretch. That's what I intend to do when I switch to Rota RKRs with my car.

Maybe it depends on tyre make ?
According to this chart ( from Demon Tweeks site ) 7.5 is the max. width for 205/60s.

Surely it would give the insurance companies a get out should anything happen ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If you've never tasted a vintage Bordeaux, you'll always be satisfied with Aldis' best red in a plastic bottle mate :nopity: :D

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Nice thread resurrection 240zuli and you have a really great car there.
Do you have a letter from the owner in the States detailing history?
He was a pilot in the USAF when he bought it new in 1971 and remained the sole owner until I purchased it in 2014.

I have a copy of the Georgia State US title registered to his address at Warner Robins Air Force base.
This will add nicely to the provenance - pretty sure you won't have that, pm for details.