Coming SOON!!!

Herc34es

Club Member
Good day, today.

I am purchasing this Datsun 280z 1977 from Cali. Even though it is brown, it is what I want :D :D never been more excited. In 40+days it will be probably in the UK. The car is non-runner; maybe the fuel pump is not working? the Injectors? Any advice is welcome on the common reasons.

Before the shipper goes to pick it up, are there any parts that I should order in the USA? Any recommendations let me know :) :)

Is there anyone who might need something to be put inside that needs delivered etc let me know!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Attachments

• datsun1.jpg
    datsun1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 47
  • datsun2.jpg
    datsun2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 46
  • datsun3.jpg
    datsun3.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 48
  • datsun4.jpg
    datsun4.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 47

Faster Behr

Club Member
Congratulations! Now starts the waiting for it to arrive. I don't see that many come up for sale at the usual importers over here so I assume there aren't many openly on the market in the US. Did you buy it from a dealer or privately?

I like it in that brown. The engine bay looks unmolested which is a good sign too. Is the interior toast?

The ignition and injection systems are quite easy to understand on these. I assume you will be working on this yourself? If so then start with the basics when it arrives (compression, fuel, spark etc) and go from there. Get yourself the EFi bible and download the factory service manual from somewhere like here - http://xenonzcar.com/

Always nice having a new baby in the family :)

Herc34es

Club Member
Congratulations! Now starts the waiting for it to arrive. I don't see that many come up for sale at the usual importers over here so I assume there aren't many openly on the market in the US. Did you buy it from a dealer or privately?

I like it in that brown. The engine bay looks unmolested which is a good sign too. Is the interior toast?
Private, and the interior was actually decent!!!
The ignition and injection systems are quite easy to understand on these. I assume you will be working on this yourself? If so then start with the basics when it arrives (compression, fuel, spark etc) and go from there. Get yourself the EFi bible and download the factory service manual from somewhere like here - http://xenonzcar.com/

Always nice having a new baby in the family :)
There is a minor issue that I do not know anything about working on cars. I will be learning as I go!!! Hopefully no explosions. :D :D I will take it to a more experienced mechanic firstly for an MOT to identify all the "horrors**", and then to be honest I will try to address as many as possible on my own. I enrolled in a mechanic class at my city's college to learn more about it. The EFi bible is the: Fuel Injection Guide: http://xenonzcar.com/s30/files/280zfuelinjectionbook.pdf ?

**It has 1 important rust spot at the rear hatch. Otherwise, it is quite solid as per pictures and seller info.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The car is non-runner; maybe the fuel pump is not working? the Injectors?

Having seen non-runners get loaded for shipping via fork-lift, I'm worried about how a car like this is going to be shipped.

I'm presuming - for reasons of cost - it is not being consolidated with other freight in a shared container?

Herc34es

Club Member
Having seen non-runners get loaded for shipping via fork-lift, I'm worried about how a car like this is going to be shipped.

I'm presuming - for reasons of cost - it is not being consolidated with other freight in a shared container?
I think it is yes in a shared container with other vehicles. :( not the best option i pressume? I have heard good things about them in reviews and with a recommendation from here. I hope the best :bow:

Pondo

Club Member
I think the worry might be that if it doesn’t drive they have been known to load using a forklift.

Hopefully if it’s being containered you won’t have that issue.

Congratulations on your purchase. My advice would be purchase as much as you can that you think you might need…….for instance a new door seal kit, quite bulky and easy to stick in the car.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I think it is yes in a shared container with other vehicles. :( not the best option i pressume? I have heard good things about them in reviews and with a recommendation from here. I hope the best :bow:

Container is good. I'm sure - if they have been recommended - that they know what they are doing and will load the car without damaging it. Good luck!

Herc34es

Club Member
Thank you all kindly! I hope all will be well.

The only part apart from the door seal kit suggestion (or weather strip, right?) is the amber lights that I must get (isn't it mandated by law, i think?).

BTW based on that pic...it has A/C right?

Attachments

• 274760420_384768242995492_8911782010687782802_n.jpg
    274760420_384768242995492_8911782010687782802_n.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 24