280zx meeting

chef

Club Member
Hi there fellow 280zx admirers,
I’m just wondering about where all us 280 owners are located?
How about sometime next year we arrange a 280zx meet?
Everyone welcome, but if we know where everyone is then we could try and pick a central location for a meet and revel in the beauty of our rare 280’s, we could let the odd common 240 person join us if we wanted so that we could show them up with our beauties ,
Join this thread to let me know what you think, any Datsun could come really, I just think it would be nice to have a casual meet up, not just an organised show, we all love our cars & like showing them off in all conditions, just a casual meet up & good nosey around at each other’s loved ones
No rush but it’d be nice to know if anyone else would like to do this,
Thanks
Chef

Huw

Club Member
Hi Stuart.

Im down in Bristol. Sounds like an interesting idea, I would most definitely be up for that.

With Donington on early next year that maybe the first opportunity as it will be a whole club affair.

Huw

status

Well-Known Forum User
Someone tried a few years ago reg the zx ,they had a bit of an agenda ,for those in the know,I won’t go there,would be good to see a few of the old barges on show,might bring my 260Z as that’s not as common as the 240 in fact the 2+2 260 and 280 zx is probably more rare than a 260z 2 seater
Had 2 280ZXs in the past and loved em especially the T - top but messed me hair up a bit,nearly went for another a while ago but trimming down my cars a little

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
In the days only 15yrs ago they used be Z Zx meets with all the range

They slowly broke away and did there own thing

We As a Zclub cater and welcome all Z models

Sounds come across quite bitter really

I also own 2x 240z and a 2+2 260z the ugly duck of the s30 line

I feel people should come out for under there rock and come join more meets

I have plenty of photos of Z meet from back in the day and there weren't that many s30 when u had 280zx and 300zx all in same field

Get down to Donny Historic meet always

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Trouble is as we no the Z Zx range hasn't got massive numbers
240z are not common Rhd Uk examples
Lhd ones are
260z Rhd quite rare these days
Lhd 280z lots more common now
More desirable get a 280z over a 280zx
Z31 hardly see them Any more used always be a couple at meets
Over the years I have tried to organise meets around Yorkshire and tbh no one was really interested

Z owners are scattered through the whole country and the main events that get a few Z Zx range are

Donny Historic

Silverstone classic

Oulton Park gold cup

There used to Cheshire plainZ meets over Manchester went to the pub meets a few time as kids but again that died and not run anymore

There used to be lots of pub meets and drive outs remember them well

Z cars are not common doesnt matter what model that was my bitter point lol :)

Last edited: