FRP Automotive

Fosworth

Well-Known Forum User
Just to add .. I bought a front and rear spoiler and interior panels from FRP in April this year. Initial communication didn't go too well so I went and knocked on his door. We agreed a price and all was fine from there on. Craig then called me to say the parts were ready so I went back, paid for them and was very please with the quality / value for money. I did see from my visits that he was having problems, particularly with his health so that may account for poor service.

M-j-b

Club Member
Personally I wont use them again.

Initially responses were very quick, until I paid.

Then chase after chase no response.
Told a multitude of different reasons.
Health issues
Divorce
Accidents
People leaving
And finally taken over by the production manager.

Finally after many months I received substandard items.
Terrible fitment, warped and twisted bumpers.
No fittings..

Moldy rotten cardboard packaging

Not a UK home grown company I would recommend, I also own a company and wouldn't expect any custom with the service i received.

(Every communication by email, can verify all conversations)

Nick Hedges

Club Member
I have just seen a post on Facebook from FRP that they are going into liquidation. I guess that means a few of us who have outstanding orders will have lost their money.

Geoff-R

Club Member
Hope he's had a great time on all the money he's hoovered up with absolutely zero commitment to fulfilling orders. Time for someone a little more switched on to get the moulds.

M-j-b

Club Member
What a shame, potentially a good business under the right management.

To leave customers out of pocket is despicable and totally unnecessary.

I'm interested to see who buys the moulds, really hope it's not the same people under a new LTD name.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
No, you pay when someone has something to sell. if you're just paying money for something that's not even there, you're paying for thin air.

1. How do you know they have it or not in stock to sell ? There is a discussion here on Torquen who are accepting payments for parts they don't have !
2. Have you never been told it's on back-order ? MSA for example insist upon being paid first before accepting a back-order part.

I agree with you - simply that the finger must be pointed the same towards all.....I too am guilty of this but everyone WILL get their parts, no monies lost.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Hope he’s decent enough to issue refunds where he can.

I’ve said this multiple times, I had nothing but agro with the panels on my first car from them. Ok my old car wasn’t a perfect shell to start so I didn’t expect it exactly right, but they were literally miles off to the point I had to heat them up myself and mould them back in to shape. Which was disappointing considering I had to continually chase them for the parts (back in 2011..!!!). I had the health issue spiel back then so let it slide but he should have only took work on that he knew he could commit too, unfortunately I think there is an AWFUL lot owed now…

richiep

Club Member

I’ve said this multiple times, I had nothing but agro with the panels on my first car from them. Ok my old car wasn’t a perfect shell to start so I didn’t expect it exactly right, but they were literally miles off to the point I had to heat them up myself and mould them back in to shape. Which was disappointing considering I had to continually chase them for the parts (back in 2011..!!!). I had the health issue spiel back then so let it slide but he should have only took work on that he knew he could commit too, unfortunately I think there is an AWFUL lot owed now…

That highlights how long the issues have been going on really. It's been a story of inconsistency both in product and business conduct. It is disappointing as some of the stuff he had developed (interior trim panels, etc.) really added value to the domestic UK supply of parts. Unfortunately, it feels very much like the old story of a talented creative in the car scene being bad at running a business and it ending messily.

does that mean the spoiler I've been tripping over for years is now an appreciating asset?