Does anybody have any experience with RSpecCarbon?

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if anybody had an experience with RSpecCarbon (RetroSpec Carbon) in the US? I ordered some ZG flares from them in early September with a promise of delivery by October 7th. Since then, they are not responding to any emails requesting an update and obviously I haven't yet received the parts. Extremely frustrating.

Many Thanks,

Matthew

Ian

Club Member
Ok quality, not the best but most people seem happy with it. I am very fussy though.

Seems to be hit and miss with customer service, seems pretty standard with most people waiting a long time for parts and poor communication. Seems pretty common from many US companies unfortunately.

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Ok quality, not the best but most people seem happy with it. I am very fussy though.

Seems to be hit and miss with customer service, seems pretty standard with most people waiting a long time for parts and poor communication. Seems pretty common from many US companies unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply, Ian.

At least that gives me some confidence that I haven't been scammed. I could understand the delays as these things happen, but the poor (non existent) communication isn't a good look really.

Much appreciated,

Matthew

Jay.

Club Member
90% of the comments on their Instagram (pauloatretrospec) & Facebook (retro-spec) posts are people complaining about having orders not shipped on time and poor communication, although these do often get deleted. It seems they do eventually ship parts out but as Ian said the quality has been questionable at times. I'd suggest keep emailing and commenting and eventually hopefully Paulo will let you know. I've personally vowed never to buy anything from them

Makesy

Club Member
I seem to recall them having a fire a while ago, amidst all the delayed orders they had which I'm sure only exacerbated their problems.

From what I've read about them (delays, poor comms) I wouldn't be using them.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I believe one ought to also take into account the general disruption of raw materials, staff covid shortages and shipping problems.....on top of their reputation : been a difficult and complicated year so far and far from over.

In any case, for material like that, I'd look closer to home, even the middle east are making great products now whilst asia supplys some good stuff at same shipping prices as from the USA.

richiep

Club Member
As Sean notes, look East not West. The often ridiculous shipping prices from the US and variable quality make parts from Japan a much safer bet in comparison.

Also, other manufacturers operating out of places like Thailand, Indonesia, etc., are an option.

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for the responses guys. I have some regular ZG flares that I ordered from ZStore, but just a bit concerned that the 15x10.5" -32 wheels that are due to arrive in January might stick out a bit. I still haven't had any response from them as yet, which is frustrating. I totally understand there are delays in the market at the moment (I'm a property developer so feel these things daily), but communication is key.

Do you have any links for suppliers over to the East?

Thanks,

Matthew

Matt Berry

Club Member
For anyone considering ordering from these, plain and simply don’t bother. Same story of promised delivery dates that came and went. No communication. Gave them a deadline and said I’d get my credit card company involved if it wasn’t met. Obviously it wasn’t met and I got an email saying let them do a refund, don’t do it through the card company as it could take 2 months to get the money back. I informed my card company, my money was refunded in 2 days and I never heard from them again.

Awk34

New Forum User
Similar story here. I ordered a part for my Z. After waiting a few months with no word I tried contacting them. It was like pulling teeth getting them to respond. They finally only responded on Instagram. I eventually got my package from them with a decent looking carbon fiber part but a completely different part for a different car. More months went by with them saying they'd give me a return label for the wrong part and send me the correct part but that never happened. I eventually had to get the credit card company involved.

Scott73S30

New Forum User
Similar story here. I ordered a part for my Z. After waiting a few months with no word I tried contacting them. It was like pulling teeth getting them to respond. They finally only responded on Instagram. I eventually got my package from them with a decent looking carbon fiber part but a completely different part for a different car. More months went by with them saying they'd give me a return label for the wrong part and send me the correct part but that never happened. I eventually had to get the credit card company involved.
I have been waiting for a carbon fiber dashboard from paulo at rscarbon for 4 years now. I text them at least weekly, have heard every excuse in the book, watched delivery date after deliver date fly by with zero commitment to actual fabrication let alone delivery. Worst company and experience ever! Daniel in customer service replied 6 months ago that they we going to send the dashboard and some complimentary parts but that was just another rscarbon scam! They have no address or phone number. I have tracked them down to southern San Diego but I believe they fabricate in Tiajuana…they are very good at maintaining thier ambiguity but that is about all they seem to care about doing with any sense of passion.