Salvage hunters 77 280Z

Mark N

Club Member
"It’s the perfect coming together, a glorious example of an iconic car, and of how good a classic car restoration can and should be."

How TF can you make a statement like that with the engine bay looking like it does?
With all the rest of the work that was done, how hard would it have been to pull the engine, tart it up and spray the bay?
It just makes you wonder what other corners were cut.

I am impressed that the air con blows ice cold though, seeing as it has no hoses, compressor or condenser.

Last edited:

Ped

Club Member
Agree, why on earth would you leave the engine bay? It's not even presentable, this will surely be the first thing to get done on the new owners list.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
There's loads of them, yes.

Really ?

I knew someone would point that out. The LHD was mentioned just to reinforce the fact that it's not a RHD car in a RHD country.

Sure, but all relative, in the USA, a RHD Z will command a price premium...in the UK, to have that premium, it must be one step ahead - a true JDM car.

other points to note, there's no fees on that, the seller would loose circa 4k I think.

its a lot for what it is.

Market price mate - people always say an auction is the best judge of a cars' value.....and it has my exhaust on it :)

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Wonder if it's a sign of the UK market catching up. Prices in the US are up and the supply of 'cheap' solid cars seems to have slowed considerably.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Wonder if it's a sign of the UK market catching up. Prices in the US are up and the supply of 'cheap' solid cars seems to have slowed considerably.

Maybe - I have been telling you guys to get your cars agreed values redone and up to date - £30k for a UK origin 240Z is dreamland - go rebuild one for that.