New member, first 240

DetomasoLee

Club Member
Hi all,

I'm new to the world of 240z's (but not rust old cars ;) ).

I'm about to press the button on a nice dry 72 import. It's a sold car but needs some work on the drivers side, but I'm looking forward to leaning all about the 240. Looks a very simple car and I've just come out of more complex stuff to have more vintage cars as they are easier and much cheaper to maintain, and futureproof!

img5.JPG

Lee

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hi Lee, welcome. That doesn't look like a rusty car at all, are you sure it's what you want? :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Go on tell me more.

Only that being as he imports LHDs, I've know several ie 5-6 buyers from him and nothing is entirely as described - the descriptions, emails, tel calls are always over-enthusiastic - this is a guy who's made his money producing and selling orchids and doesn't reduce his car prices - he knows he doesn't have to !

Cars with a lot more rust than expected
Parts missing from the description after the sale
Parts swapped from the description after the sale eg perhaps a new alternator and when you receive the car it has an old, tired one...still works perhaps but for how much longer....

Buyer beware from this guy and go see, choose the car and take photos all over, inside etc !

After that, some of his prices are reasonable so don't write him off....just be prudent and don't take ANYTHING for granted.

DetomasoLee

Club Member
So the 240 arrived today. Melanie and Joop gave end to end a great experience. Frequent communications over email, lots of updates, and always answered the questions I had. They worked with (and already knew) Kingstown Shipping in Hull that I use so the import from Holland to Hull was effortless and included in the deal. The car was exactly as described and shown on the photos (actually maybe a bit better than my expectations).

IMG_3924.JPG Capture24.PNG