Hose Help

NickF

Well-Known Forum User
Hi
Need advice on what hoses I require for early 240Z getting braided hoses from USA (any UK sellers?)
and not sure what fits RHDScreen Shot 2021-09-14 at 11.57.04 am.png
Also how to replicate the 2 piece vacuum hose
Thanks in anticipation

Nick

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Nick,
Finding any period outside braided hose is getting harder, if not impossible. So what I have had to do with some hoses for the CSP311 restoration project, is look at other model hoses and see what dia./ bend/straight length I can use, e.g I have just brought a 510 wagon fuel vent hose as its got the correct radius bend for a coolant pipe. As for the vacuum hose, as its not containg fuel/oil, and if its just faded but not particularly worn, I use a good quality marker pen (Pentel N50) to colour in the fade. I even colour in my red fleck of the non Nissan braided fuel hose I use.

Good luck

NickF

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Ian
The hoses from JDM car parts are "braided" I just need to figure out which I need. Some LHD no good for RHD
If get wrong can't just pop down and and get money back!

Nick

toopy

Club Member
Thanks Ian
The hoses from JDM car parts are "braided" I just need to figure out which I need. Some LHD no good for RHD
If get wrong can't just pop down and and get money back!

Nick

All the engine hoses are the same aren't they for LHD or RHD, I thought the only difference was the hose to the brake booster?

NickF

Well-Known Forum User
You are right the vacuum hose is different and I guess I won't need any? of the emission hoses

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
All the engine hoses are the same aren't they for LHD or RHD, I thought the only difference was the hose to the brake booster?

They are, but there is a difference, my lower OEM hose for my late UK 260z needed cut to fit an earlier radiator, the spout from the bottom of the rad was longer.

toopy

Club Member
They are, but there is a difference, my lower OEM hose for my late UK 260z needed cut to fit an earlier radiator, the spout from the bottom of the rad was longer.

Ah yes forgot about that, 240 and early 260 the outlet turns upwards, late 260/ 280zx it is horizontal, could of got that the wrong way round though.