What are these plugs?

Russell

Club Member
Stripping out wires I don’t need and I know I don’t need these plugs and looks like they were never attached.
I could do with using a couple of the wires for other signals though and wanted to know what they would have been for.
The blue wire connects both plugs, then goes off to somewhere around the coil, other end into the plugs in the car.
The plugs themselves would have been near the alternator and fusible links.

E74B3D35-CE94-40ED-9CE2-68B6A826F989.jpeg 4A5D9B28-5F5E-4809-8E4D-DABC32C58C34.jpeg

Mark N

Club Member
The top plug in the bottom photo looks to be the same style as the headlight loom connector plug on the 280Z.
Does your car have a headlight upgrade?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Stripping out wires I don’t need and I know I don’t need these plugs and looks like they were never attached.
I could do with using a couple of the wires for other signals though and wanted to know what they would have been for.
The blue wire connects both plugs, then goes off to somewhere around the coil, other end into the plugs in the car.
The plugs themselves would have been near the alternator and fusible links.

View attachment 46961 View attachment 46962

Given where they are on the car, I suspect one is for voltage regulator and the other could be connections the to the windscreen wiper motor.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Given where they are on the car, I suspect one is for voltage regulator and the other could be connections the to the windscreen wiper motor.

The windscreen motor uses 6 wires and is wired at the bulkhead.

Russell

Club Member
Wiper motor plug accounted for. I thought something like voltage regulator but doesn’t match.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Haynes manual 1975 north America. Might be for Compressor relay (Air con) IMG_20210918_200236.jpg IMG_20210918_200309.jpg