Beautiful unrestored 260Z 2/2

richiep

Club Member
I think that's Tony Bates' car. Seller's name is Tony anyway and area is right, i.e. NW. I've seen it a couple of times I think, definitely once at a show in Warrington and met the owner. He's had it for many years. It is extremely nice and well cared for. As suggested, difficult to find another like it.

richiep

Club Member
Just remembered I've definitely seen it multiple times - it's been displayed at Tatton Park on occasion. I'm sure at least one of the show trophies it has is for 'Best Z' or 'Best Japanese Classic' at Tatton.
IMO, very little for the peanut gallery to pick at on this one (apart from the black rim headlight covers and it not having 2 seats! :p).

JK240

Club Member
I've seen that at a few shows too, Leighton Hall a few years ago now was the last time I saw it, but the seller is a chap called Tony Darkes, and he must have bought it to sell I suspect.

I met him in September 2015 purley by chance when I went on spec to a show one Sunday. He was in CWA 506M which he'd bought from a dealer in Scotland fairly recently and got chatting to him, he runs or ran a body shop and was very interested in CAB's colour scheme and then a couple of months after we met his car sold through silverstone auctions in a slightly different paint finish :conf2: Pictures below...

When I last saw the car mentioned in Rob's origianl post it was an elderly-ish couple who were in it who I did speak to briefly, they'd had the car a long time and it was super clean.

JK

img7.jpeg img8.png

richiep

Club Member
I've seen that at a few shows too, Leighton Hall a few years ago now was the last time I saw it, but the seller is a chap called Tony Darkes, and he must have bought it to sell I suspect.

I met him in September 2015 purley by chance when I went on spec to a show one Sunday. He was in CWA 506M which he'd bought from a dealer in Scotland fairly recently and got chatting to him, he runs or ran a body shop and was very interested in CAB's colour scheme and then a couple of months after we met his car sold through silverstone auctions in a slightly different paint finish :conf2: Pictures below...

When I last saw the car mentioned in Rob's origianl post it was an elderly-ish couple who were in it who I did speak to briefly, they'd had the car a long time and it was super clean.

JK

View attachment 46900 View attachment 46901
Ah, okay. If it's the same car, he must've bought it from Tony Bates (who would fit the elderly-ish descriptor), and is now selling on to attempt to profit. Bit like how that green 260Z 2-seater got sold to a flipper who bunged at least 10k on the price and hasn't sold it yet...

JK240

Club Member
Ah, okay. If it's the same car, he must've bought it from Tony Bates (who would fit the elderly-ish descriptor), and is now selling on to attempt to profit. Bit like how that green 260Z 2-seater got sold to a flipper who bunged at least 10k on the price and hasn't sold it yet...
That's exactly what I thought, he (Tony Darkes) certainly got lucky when he sold CWA so perhaps he thought he'd have another go...?

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
the old chap lived in chorley i have seen it none better atthe time since it was sold you would need to check

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
just to add wheels would not have been on car from new 76/77is when those were fitted so according to him dealer would be a/b motors

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
That a gem that 2+2 low miles for a Z I fort the 240z samuri of mine was low miles at 80k miles

It will go to someone

It a Good 2+2 example

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Price is ambitions!!!

It into 240z money

There a really nice one on ebay for 23k and I bet that will get knocked down a bit