2+2 rear strut top measurements please

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
For a strut-brace bar development, I need please, the overall width/length between the centre of each rear strut top to it's opposite for a 2+2 model.

I have the measurements, thanks to Huw, of a UK 2x seater and I measured a friends' US 280ZXTurbo yesterday since he called in - a good opportunity and we are agreed, confirmed by the tech specs Huw supplied

Front : 1027mm

Rear : 975mm

So now, all I need do is to check the rears of the 2+2 versions , please.

Your help much appreciated and thanks again to Huw for his speedy replies and time given.:bow:

Attachments

• 5F2A4812-6F9D-4106-B72A-728E5A468458.jpeg
    5F2A4812-6F9D-4106-B72A-728E5A468458.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 10
  • C4A031F0-00B3-400F-9F1B-73078BECEE75.jpeg
    C4A031F0-00B3-400F-9F1B-73078BECEE75.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Huw

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Is the strut top angle the same as the S30, as that could change the strut bar length?

I'm not sure that the angle matters once I have the simple LH centre-strut to RH centre-strut measurement.

The big difference between the rear S130 and S30 struts is that the S130 versions are sunken under the interior trim.

At the front, the brackets and debut of each bar need to be very low to avoid touching the bonnet which doesn't have the simple (empty of relief) form of the S30s'.

All in all - more complicated to produce the front and rears compared to S30s:).....challenging.:D

Huw

Club Member
For a strut-brace bar development, I need please, the overall width/length between the centre of each rear strut top to it's opposite for a 2+2 model.

I have the measurements, thanks to Huw, of a UK 2x seater and I measured a friends' US 280ZXTurbo yesterday since he called in - a good opportunity and we are agreed, confirmed by the tech specs Huw supplied

Front : 1027mm

Rear : 975mm

So now, all I need do is to check the rears of the 2+2 versions , please.

Your help much appreciated and thanks again to Huw for his speedy replies and time given.:bow:

Your welcome Sean. The 280ZX 2+2 and 2 seater have the same strut to strut width. It’s only the length that changes. Positive that was the case, just double checked the service manual for you.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Sean

Just measured my s30 2+2 and it is 810mm on the rears to the centres of each strut top.

Thanks mate although I already have S30 2+2 bars in stock.

Your welcome Sean. The 280ZX 2+2 and 2 seater have the same strut to strut width. It’s only the length that changes. Positive that was the case, just double checked the service manual for you.

You quite sure for the rear Huw because I'll be ordering 100+ and really don't want to get them wrong:rolleyes: !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Ok, I believe you :) Many thanks.

This makes the operation less expensive as I only need to produce 1x each of front and rear bars.....which is enough because as previously said, each is more complicated than for S30s.