T3 strut brace or alternative

Jamesk350

Club Member
I had a test fit my Z story strut braces today on my 280z today. The front bar hits the AAC valve or part of the wiring loom if I turn the brackets the other way, I’ll have to look rerouting some items and try again.
The rear one bent the mounting brackets a little bit when mounting them, but as the seatbelts are mounted behind the strut tops and have a plastic cover I’ll need to trim them a little bit.
Job for next weekend hopefully.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi.
Strange as one fits on our 77 280Z no probs with no mods !

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 30

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
No major rush, next month works for me!

Cheers

It's a long way off, however I've now worked out that I'll have mine off on the weekend of the 25th-26th September.

Assuming you're happy to wait then you'd be more than welcome to swing by and try fitting it to your car, it'll be in Cobham.

arcdef

Club Member
It's a long way off, however I've now worked out that I'll have mine off on the weekend of the 25th-26th September.

Assuming you're happy to wait then you'd be more than welcome to swing by and try fitting it to your car, it'll be in Cobham.

Awesome sounds good, I will reach out closer to then!

Thanks.

Mark N

Club Member
Just over an inch so should be able to get a bar across.

If you only have just over an inch clearance, you could possibly struggle to get any bar to fit.
Also, how much does that V8 move on its mounts under load, I'm guessing it will be fairly torquey?
What is the clearance like between the engine and crossmember (or elsewhere in engine bay), is there any option to shorten the engine mounting arrangement?
You should also check your oil pan to ground clearance.
Obviously, if you do lower the engine you will have to look at the gearbox see if there any detrimental change on the driveline geometry.

Last edited:

Mr.G

Club Member
Hi, did you find a solution?

I am in the East Midlands and have a T3 one that you are welcome to come and try. Not fitted it as it will need tweaking for my engine set up.