Considering buying S30, need help…!

solitarysensei

Forum User
Hey guys,

Just wondering if one of you experts would be able to help me with how much I should expect to pay as I have found an S30 that I am interested in…
If you could drop me a pm and I’ll give you some more details, got loads of photos too :)

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
It’s the 1977 280Z in blue up for 15k - can anyone point him in the direction where it’s already been discussed

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
All depends on how much work you want to do, you could easily spend far more on rust repairs than a manual conversion. I'm not sure what average money is for a manual 280z that could be MOT'd & driven with a bit of tidying these days - 20k?

richiep

Club Member
As Mr Tenno alludes to - condition trumps gearbox tbh. Auto to manual swap is easy - far easier than addressing the rust issues on that 15k car. As was concluded in the other threads, that car is the kind of project that should only be taken on by someone who knows these cars inside out AND can do all the body/metalwork themselves. Otherwise, the economics will be prohibitively expensive.

status

Well-Known Forum User
The 240 z conversion that Jonm and me looked at a few weeks ago is a better bet although it needs some money chucked at it due to a previous rear ender which could be sorted the rest of the car was ok,you will spend shed loads more restoring a 280z which over here is not really worth a lot to most people being a left hooker although to drive they are much better than yer average 240/260 but you would have to get it at a good price,I see the bloke has withdrawn the 240 off the site it was on so maybe he has sold it or thought twice after Jon pointed out the floor crease which could be sorted,depends on how many pennies you have to spend