Boot lid gas struts

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ladies, Gentlemen, friends and @Woody928 , :p

I investigated this a while back with SGS in the UK who said they can try to refresh our struts for I think it was £100 a pair. I asked about a group discount and there wasn’t much they would do.

And then this beautiful site popped up today! I’m going to call them in a minute to get a postage quote but i will also enquire about a group buy discount.

Either way, I thought it may be of interest ....

https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/strong-arm-4777-gas-charged-hatchback-lift-support/

A1328BCB-BCFE-493F-AC26-3726F50D1997.png

Huw

Club Member
Plus one for Strongarm. Used them for my 280ZX, before shipping got stupid. Been on the car a while and still fine.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Ordered 2 of them 3-5 days free shipping...total for 2 was $41.16.
I will check out the quality and get back to you.
Mike

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ordered 2 of them 3-5 days free shipping...total for 2 was $41.16.
I will check out the quality and get back to you.
Mike

Thanks Mike, that would be very helpful especially as no one picked up the phone last night and the website doesn’t seem to want to give me a quote to the UK.

Chris, that’s interesting. Have you bought / fitted one of these from RockAuto? It seems to have different fittings in the photo and different parts numbers: RA=4313, SA=4777

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Mike, that would be very helpful especially as no one picked up the phone last night and the website doesn’t seem to want to give me a quote to the UK.

Chris, that’s interesting. Have you bought / fitted one of these from RockAuto? It seems to have different fittings in the photo and different parts numbers: RA=4313, SA=4777

I have bought one but not seen it yet or had chance to fit it.
I'm back in the UK early next month and will probably swap it over then if no extra hole drilling necessary.
If it is not a seamless swap, will probably go down SGS re-gas route as 240Z only has single strut (£50) not two as per your 260Z.

Makesy

Club Member
I had mine regassed at SGS and it still wouldn't hold the boot lid up.

That said, I believe I may have a 260/280 boot lid as it has holes for 2 sets of brackets but being a 240, only has one strut.

Ped

Club Member
I sent mine to SGS years ago, and they said they could not be re-gassed - too far gone. They supplied me with new ones which are still fitted, but they are very aggressive, ie: you release the boot catch and the tail gate goes up on its own!

TVRSimon

Club Member

SacCyclone

Club Member
Installed my LiftSupportsDepot strut today on a 72 240Z.
Works as it should and looks like a quality strut so i would buy again.
After I did the install with some hardware I found in my bits bin, I located the small plastic hardware that came with the strut. I WOULD USE THEIR HARDWARE NEXT TIME....LOL
Mike
39PruPQXSz+yWlVtZcGOyw.jpg39PruPQXSz+yWlVtZcGOyw.jpg

39PruPQXSz+yWlVtZcGOyw.jpg TmoOCmhFSJWcy4TFLnRsDg.jpg o+U0M8jmRgidSIpLhWOOeg.jpg AXC1TcdmQbmUhifbWcN+TQ.jpg