'82 RHD 280ZX Coupe on FB £13k

status

Well-Known Forum User
It got sold yesterday,needed a couple little jobs done to it,went to cheap in my eyes

status

Well-Known Forum User
Tell yer wen your over mate,he also has lots of new bits that will be going up for sale,spoke last night to Alan and Gail,end of an era but it’s not getting used so might as well out it

richiep

Club Member
Not a fan of the rear spoiler or sunroof, but love everything else about that. Would be very happy to own and drive a 280ZX 2-seater.

Huw

Club Member
It didn’t stay sold for long, it’s back on eBay

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
1982 datsun 280zx * rare 2 seat turbo* manual sunroof

status

Well-Known Forum User
Bloke has bought it to flip which is out of order in some ways ,I think I should spill the beans and let everyone know wot he paid for it although he’s not breaking the law or anything it’s a rare car that someone might pay over the odds for whilst giving the bloke a profit also it’s not a one owner car

status

Well-Known Forum User
Out of respect for the seller I’d have to ok it first mate,theses people really piss me off but then again everyone had a fair bite at the cherry if they were after such a car

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I don't think there is anything that you can do about people buying something cheap and trying to sell it for a profit. After all that's what car dealers do for a living. However you could argue that they give a service - finance, warranty etc?

As long as you don't pay 'over the odds' for a car then you have nothing to lose. However if it's advertised on the same 'platform' at about the same time why should it sell for more second time?

I see a few cars sold at auctions that appear for sale either privately or through the trade for a much higher figure. Happens all the time. The trick is to find these cars when they are cheap - like shares.

Chas

Z Club Member
As Status says it's not a one car owner. There is some work that need to be done. My 280ZX was for sale for a long while on the club site, with very little interest. A part from going to the mot station, and Half way House meetings, my 280ZX stayed in my garage. Hopefully it will go to someone who will do it up, and use it. If the buyer is a Z Club member, I gave them all my receipts, workshop manuals, and original hand book.

I now have loads of spares for my 280ZX which I will put up for sale when I have sorted all the boxes out, some brand new, the rest used.

Herc34es

Club Member
I think it is the same seller as before :/ . If you look at the feedback, he has 1 negative, regarding the car not working; so maybe in a way the seller is a bit scammy and dishonest about the condition. No true idea of what is happening.

Chas

Z Club Member
The negative he has on e-bay is on a BMW. Their were 4 people come to look at my car. When there put my ZX onto e-bay it sold, but I think the blokes you turn up , tried to up the price on e-bay between themselves, and brought there own car , as there bids went to high. I believe the last bid for just over £11000 went in about lunch time, and the auction finished about 8pm, and no bids after the lunch time bid. That itself is strange.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The negative he has on e-bay is on a BMW. Their were 4 people come to look at my car. When there put my ZX onto e-bay it sold, but I think the blokes you turn up , tried to up the price on e-bay between themselves, and brought there own car , as there bids went to high. I believe the last bid for just over £11000 went in about lunch time, and the auction finished about 8pm, and no bids after the lunch time bid. That itself is strange.

I concur Alan - the bidding stank !