What did you do to your Z this week?

toopy

Club Member
That pushrod adjustment should be done from the engine bay not the footwell.

Yes, but i think i may need to substitute the rod that came with the new booster with the one from my old one, in which case the booster needs to come out if i don't want to risk losing the reaction disc inside the unit!

johnymd

Club Member
No sound? I have a couple of zed engines that are extremely quiet in real life but sound terrible in video’s.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
A red car and a blue car had a race .....

2B85EE06-9706-481D-83AD-C19327B3D391.jpeg

I got a present from brother in law - sadly it can’t keep pace with the modern stuff ;). The new cars have “traction control” magnets underneath but the Z does nearly perfect drifts round the corners!

richiep

Club Member
A red car and a blue car had a race .....

View attachment 44906

I got a present from brother in law - sadly it can’t keep pace with the modern stuff ;). The new cars have “traction control” magnets underneath but the Z does nearly perfect drifts round the corners!
There's no reason you couldn't get creative and implement some updates like the magnets, motor, etc. Think of it like a miniature resto-mod. ;)

uk66fastback

Club Member
Mine left the garage for about 10mins.

bN8PbVoi.jpg

uEnwBJyn.jpg

TimFZ

Club Member
Fuel tank now rust free inside and cleaned and painted on outside. Should go in next week.

Also, bought some replacement side vent badges for my 2/2 in the right colour!

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_140402.jpg
    IMG_20210514_140402.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 24

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I've got a spare wheel again!
since my front brake upgrade, my spare 14" wheel wouldn't go over the caliper.
Turned out a 15" Lancer wheel didn't get past them either, so here we are, a nice 16" Primera alloy. Of course, the retainer no longer reaches on a wheel with this offset, so I had to make something.

DSC_0080.JPG

toopy

Club Member
I've got a spare wheel again!
since my front brake upgrade, my spare 14" wheel wouldn't go over the caliper.
Turned out a 15" Lancer wheel didn't get past them either, so here we are, a nice 16" Primera alloy. Of course, the retainer no longer reaches on a wheel with this offset, so I had to make something.

View attachment 45054

Surprised the huge positive offset doesn't cause clearance issues on the suspension?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Surprised the huge positive offset doesn't cause clearance issues on the suspension?
Good spot, I've got big spacers. 50mm I think, so aggregate offset is - 5. wouldn't work at all without the spacers.

johnymd

Club Member
Still fitting up the new engine in the silver car. Picked up the modified engine loom last so should be in a position the fire it up today.

Attachments

• C531F2FB-8C99-4E49-809F-4807DBB4DB04.jpeg
    C531F2FB-8C99-4E49-809F-4807DBB4DB04.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 33