Not a Z but...

Paul Henley

Club Member
All
Been looking for some time now for a new restoration to take on. Always been a fan of Mitsubishi Colt Celeste's but they are uber rare now.
I've managed to secure one of the last 2 road worthy 2.0ltr GT's in the country. (only 4 left in total)
Aiming to get it home for the weekend. Looking forward to a full strip and rebuild, though spares are going to be a real challenge.

Attachments

• thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 63
  • thumbnail (8).jpg
    thumbnail (8).jpg
    159 KB · Views: 61
  • thumbnail (9).jpg
    thumbnail (9).jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 63

Kest

Club Member
A guy not far from me used to have two and a half of these on his front garden many years ago. Nowadays he has about 6 VW's in various states of disrepair.
Cool car

Paul Henley

Club Member
Great project. It doesn’t look too bad in the pics though! But as we all know ... it’s what you can’t see ...

Your right mate, the body panels are largely good (other than the vinyl roof that needs to come off) but underneath the rest looks like any other 43 year old car that's never been restored, same goes for everything under the bonnet, but the interior is pretty good and all in all a very original unmessed/unmodified base. :driving:

uk66fastback

Club Member
I have NO IDEA what the spares situation is with a car like this though, but if the original stuff is there and can be reused/copied then that's always a big help. Any rough time frame for something like this? A year? Two years?

Paul Henley

Club Member
I have NO IDEA what the spares situation is with a car like this though, but if the original stuff is there and can be reused/copied then that's always a big help. Any rough time frame for something like this? A year? Two years?

My 240z took 20 years , but I'm heading towards retirement and the kids have grown up so I should have the time to improve on that or they'll be burying me in it, but seriously no time constraint, just want to do it right and enjoy doing it.

Bazzateer

Club Member
My Mum and Dad used to run Colts back in the day, my Dad's mate owned the local dealership, Skyways of Lee on the Solent. Dad had two Sigmas and a Galant, Mum had a Galant and a Saporro. The dealer's brother was a driving instructor so I leant to drive in a Lancer and passed my test in a Tredia.
Bloody good cars, especially for the late 70s/early 80s.
Always wanted a Starion or a Galant GTO/GSR.

Paul Henley

Club Member
My Mum and Dad used to run Colts back in the day, my Dad's mate owned the local dealership, Skyways of Lee on the Solent. Dad had two Sigmas and a Galant, Mum had a Galant and a Saporro. The dealer's brother was a driving instructor so I leant to drive in a Lancer and passed my test in a Tredia.
Bloody good cars, especially for the late 70s/early 80s.
Always wanted a Starion or a Galant GTO/GSR.

Yeah I'm a fan mate especially the Celeste's and Starion's, great 70's/80's cars

Ped

Club Member
If it was mine, I would change the wheels, but otherwise I love the look. Very cool!